Unarmed Man Is Charged With Wounding Bystanders Shot by Police Near Times Square [2013]

ponder

Honorary Master
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/...tanders-shot-by-police-near-times-square.html

Unarmed Man Is Charged With Wounding Bystanders Shot by Police Near Times Square
An unarmed, emotionally disturbed man shot at by the police as he was lurching around traffic near Times Square in September has been charged with assault, on the theory that he was responsible for bullet wounds suffered by two bystanders, according to an indictment unsealed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan on Wednesday.

The man, Glenn Broadnax, 35, of Brooklyn, created a disturbance on Sept. 14, wading into traffic at 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue and throwing himself into the path of oncoming cars.

A curious crowd grew. Police officers arrived and tried to corral Mr. Broadnax, a 250-pound man. When he reached into his pants pocket, two officers, who, the police said, thought he was pulling a gun, opened fire, missing Mr. Broadnax, but hitting two nearby women. Finally, a police sergeant knocked Mr. Broadnax down with a Taser.

Read more...
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/nyregion/unarmed-man-is-charged-with-wounding-bystanders-shot-by-police-near-times-square.html

Solarion

Honorary Master
What ever happened to the old days when the village would capture and tie a rock to the mad villager because of suspected of witchcraft and toss him into a river to see if he floats or sinks. It was much more stylish and classy than simply opening fire on him; so cheap.

Cops are like Wallmart sometimes, no imagination.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Still, blaming him for their less-than-impressive aim is a bit of a stretch.
I don't know. Normally I would agree, but with the amount of suicide by cop cases rising it can be argued that this guy purposely put the lives of bystanders in danger by refusing to comply.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I don't know. Normally I would agree, but with the amount of suicide by cop cases rising it can be argued that this guy purposely put the lives of bystanders in danger by refusing to comply.
I guess...

Americans (generalising here) can drive any sane man to suicide. I was watching the "Sovereign citizen" youtube videos the other day.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I guess...

Americans (generalising here) can drive any sane man to suicide. I was watching the "Sovereign citizen" youtube videos the other day.
There are a lot of police shooting videos on Youtube and from the videos I've seen, majority are getting shot for being stupid, not complying or wanting to get shot.
I can't open the article, but is there no body cam of the incident?

It is actually about time people start facing consequences for being stupid in my opinion.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
There are a lot of police shooting videos on Youtube and from the videos I've seen, majority are getting shot for being stupid, not complying or wanting to get shot.
I can't open the article, but is there no body cam of the incident?

It is actually about time people start facing consequences for being stupid in my opinion.
I can't see any videos on article