Uncapped ADSL ISP bundle prices compared

TJ99

Honorary Master
Not really a very good comparison, are we looking at the new or old Telkom prices? How about having both in the table to show the effect of the increases?

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Dare I say that of the lot the Telkom one offers the best bang for the buck, taking shaping/throttling/etc into account?

TJ99

Honorary Master
Dare I say that of the lot the Telkom one offers the best bang for the buck, taking shaping/throttling/etc into account?

They don't. With MWEB you got called names and throttled, but at least you had your full speed most of the time until that point. I've NEVER had the 4Mbit I pay for with Telkom, ever.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
They don't. With MWEB you got called names and throttled, but at least you had your full speed most of the time until that point. I've NEVER had the 4Mbit I pay for with Telkom, ever.

I almost never had full speed with Mweb. Shaped and throttled to hell all the way.

hj007

Expert Member
So if I'm with afrihost for 2mbps individual, who on that list would give me the same quality at a lower price? All of them?

cozinsky

Expert Member
I am looking for a new service provider from 1 August as I cancelled with Openweb. Should I go for Telkom, Afrihost or Mweb? After hours speeds are very important to me. I don't want to be shaped whilst watching my Apple TV 9 o' clock at night.

JStrike

Honorary Master
I am looking for a new service provider from 1 August as I cancelled with Openweb. Should I go for Telkom, Afrihost or Mweb? After hours speeds are very important to me. I don't want to be shaped whilst watching my Apple TV 9 o' clock at night.

I watch 100% of my TV on the AppleTV using MWeb. Never had even the slightest problem

Tns

Executive Member
they all will throttled you at some point. mweb haven't throttled me for ages but suddenly started with their 2m "uncapped" so now on a business package R100 more but lot less problems

Wall

Sports Addict
Telkoitm are the pits!

Staying at a relative's house and the connection is terrible... barely getting 384 speeds on a 4 meg connection!

I switched over to my Afrihost capped account and it has been flying ever since!

genetic

Honorary Master
Telkom always flies my side - never had an issue with them.