Uncapped ADSL or 10gig 8ta promotion

The Stig 2.0

I need some advice:

I currently have a 2gb/pm 3g connection, but would like to change this in the near future.
There are currently two packages i take into consideration: Afrihost uncapped for 199+line rental (384kbps :( ) or the new 8ta deal R199 for 10gb with the 21mbps dongle.

Which is the better one? I know both have drawbacks: speed on the ADSL side and cap + 24-month contract with 8ta.

thanks

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
I need some advice:

I currently have a 2gb/pm 3g connection, but would like to change this in the near future.
There are currently two packages i take into consideration: Afrihost uncapped for 199+line rental (384kbps :( ) or the new 8ta deal R199 for 10gb with the 21mbps dongle.

Which is the better one? I know both have drawbacks: speed on the ADSL side and cap + 24-month contract with 8ta.

thanks

Before you decide on anything look at this:

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadband/28320-telkom-broadband-promotion-lots-of-free-goodies.html

Kylie

Check if the 8ta option is even an option. Their coverage is quite limited at the moment and they are not even selling the product to customers if the coverage is not "Full"

fragtion

Expert Member
If you're using 2GB a month, then uncapped is probably overkill for now, and you're probably not going to be satisfied with the speeds of 384k now that you're used to faster mobile data. I'd probably go for the 8ta deal in your case, as that's much faster and won't be shaped as much either