Uncapped fibre for R649 - Telkom's July Big Deal

nahoR

Its not really a deal, all the other ISPs are in that price range anyway for uncapped 10Mbps fibre. Most also include free installation and modem/router. And no 24 month contract

cyb3rt

And no 24 month contract
I just wanted to say that. Actually avery bad deal if you consider that! The rate that fibre prices will decrease in two years time makes it a stupid deal

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
With 5G around the corner it is not worth committing just yet for me.

VooDooC

And Megasurf only does Vanderbijlpark.
Parents in Vanderbijlpark have Vodacom Fiber, and they can only use Vodacom as the ISP. Fiber is down at least once a day, this morning they phoned Vodacom and the helpdesk told him that the generator ran out of fuel and a technician has been dispatched to fill up the generator...

William1957

My Telkom Fibre account was subject to a forced migration to this deal in February 2019. Despite many attempts to get them to bill me at the indicated R649.00 per month they continue to bill me at more than R800. 00 per month. Raising disputes does not get it fixed either. I have wasted hours of my time and still no resolution.

Genisys

Executive Member
Its not really a deal, all the other ISPs are in that price range anyway for uncapped 10Mbps fibre. Most also include free installation and modem/router. And no 24 month contract
You do know most of these companies that do this month to month agreements with no installation fees and free routers charge you the entire installation fee if you leave their service before a certain time period right? This is by no means a good deal, but what you are describing isn't much better, its essentially a contract as well with the installation fee as the Exit clause.