Uncapped fibre prices from top ISPs

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
Check out ActiveFibre...small ISP but very reliable and affordable sub-100Mbps speeds. I am punting them because they also deserve a spot on that list. I am with them on Vuma (10/5 @R559/month). No contracts, free Router. No claw backs.

jouda

Expert Member
Vox excluded? This is not the first article where Vox is overlooked. I wonder why?

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
Check out ActiveFibre...small ISP but very reliable and affordable sub-100Mbps speeds. I am punting them because they also deserve a spot on that list. I am with them on Vuma (10/5 @R559/month). No contracts, free Router. No claw backs.
woah, they are like R100 cheaper on 40mbit than afrihost. Hmm, maybe i should give them a try

Bighit

Expert Member

R4ziel

Expert Member
Vox excluded? This is not the first article where Vox is overlooked. I wonder why?
I'm a big supporter of Vox, I had a VDSL line with them before the copper was reclaimed suddenly and that ran without any issues or interruptions, their support is excellent from what I had received, if I do someday get fiber somewhere, I will most definitely sign up with Vox even if they are a bit more expensive

cavedog

Honorary Master
I don't support this comparison at all and here is why.

One would think that RSAWeb offers the best value for money offer except they don't because on Openserve the listed price is for the very heavily shaped and throttled packages so they are NOT the same as Cool Ideas, Supersonic or Afrihost.

Telkom prices is from their unlimited home lite packages which are just as badly throttled at least list the prices of Unlimited Home and not the Lite packages.

One would at least expect a like for like comparison on these deals because the idea was to compare prices.

To the people who complain about Vox not being listed. Maybe on Vumatel but on Openserve they have a fair use policy on all their packages that once reached you get throttled on speed.

I would like to see a whole mix of ISPs on different speeds to compare like

C-Fibre
Mind the Speed
BeBroadband
Gigago
Active Fibre
Level-7
Accelerit
Aeonova360
Nexus-Net

Ect ect

These listed all are ISPs that does not have fair use policies and are likely better or compare very well with the 'prominent' RSAWeb.

furpile

Expert Member
The problem is you can only compare so many things before it gets too big for an article. On the FNO side there is Openserve, Vumatel, Frogfoot, and another 10 or 20 companies. On the ISP side there is a whole bunch of big players, nevermind the very small ISP's that have already been punted in the comments above. Add to that synchronous, asynchronous packages, limited and unlimited packages, and you end up with so many combinations that nobody will make sense of it anyway.

jouda

Expert Member
Poor Vox, they should complain. Their offerings are actually pretty decent.
Im just moaning because Im with them and I dont see why these articles overlooks them
I'm a big supporter of Vox, I had a VDSL line with them before the copper was reclaimed suddenly and that ran without any issues or interruptions, their support is excellent from what I had received, if I do someday get fiber somewhere, I will most definitely sign up with Vox even if they are a bit more expensive
The install process was really crap. Since then Im very happy with them!

R4ziel

Expert Member
Im just moaning because Im with them and I dont see why these articles overlooks them

I suppose there is a lot of processes involved and that adds to the complexity of the problem, hence the bad experience from a customer perspective, but once it's up and running its fine. Glad to hear you have no issues, I hope to have fiber somewhere before my retirement so I can also complain about my 70 mbp/s download speed :laugh:

grok

Honorary Master
Thx for this, I'm on Telkom Openserve 40Mbps @ R1299 while other ISP's have uncapped, unshaped for cheaper or 1Gbps at the same price.
My 24 months with Telkom is up next month (I was desperate ok) so I'm actively looking for a new ISP & every bit of info helps.

Nithan15

Expert Member

Also with VOX on a 50/5 uncapped - been with them for almost a year now and awesome from installation to date.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Thx for this, I'm on Telkom Openserve 40Mbps @ R1299 while other ISP's have uncapped, unshaped for cheaper or 1Gbps at the same price.
My 24 months with Telkom is up next month (I was desperate ok) so I'm actively looking for a new ISP & every bit of info helps.
I am exactly on the same package but my contract only runs out next year. I am going with Afrihost. You can either stay on 50/50 for much cheaper or upgrade to 100/50 for a little bit cheaper.

joshuatree

Expert Member
For R559 through ActiveFibre on Vumatel it is a 10/2 line.

Rocketnet is R549 for a similar line. BUT pricing is increasing to R645 March 1.

Any price increases coming on ActiveFibre?