Unexpected arrival of Russian ship in Simon’s Town raises eyebrows

Are you actually capable of learning anything?
Yep....I have walked the Simon's Town area somewhat.

Something that few know about and unusual is a monument to deceased Russian sailors of the Russian Fleet (1809-1865) , 23 of them buried there.
Just meander opposite the Naval Base up the hill and you'll find them in the Anglican precinct of the graveyard.

Something that few know about and unusual is a monument to deceased Russian sailors of the Russian Fleet (1809-1865) , 23 of them buried there.
Just meander opposite the Naval Base up the hill and you'll find them in the Anglican precinct of the graveyard.

Did I give you the impression I actually have any interest in the tales you want to tell?

Yep....I have walked the Simon's Town area somewhat.

From the Russian invasion of Japan.

Yooch. I'm having posts deleted by the mods but the main derailment seems to be able to troll on...

Have you walked on the thorn patch Navy Sports Field ,haha.....your maestro got buried there.
Now stick to the topic and stop bringing up someone I blocked.The fellow needs some tender care.
He can't talk to me anymore.....so not interested in his mountains of agro.

What club do you use off the 7th tee when the south Easter is blowing?

What club do you use off the 7th tee when the south Easter is blowing?
Brilliant question. I take it lies parallel next to the main rd too. Always felt for them on that T-box when driving past them driving off. Would try a two iron and adjust grip for distance.

Brilliant question. I take it lies parallel next to the main rd too. Always felt for them on that T-box when driving past them driving off. Would try a two iron and adjust grip for distance.
It’s a par 3. About 99 meters.
A 2 iron will get you past 200 meters. That is if you know how to hit it.

Prob a 6 iron then into that strong Southerly wind. Must be a great view back into False Bay whilst paying a round there.

Prob a 6 iron then into that strong Southerly wind. Must be a great view back into False Bay whilst paying a round there.
Low soft 9 iron fade. Try to land it about 10 to 15 meters from the fringe,

Wedges will go too high.

Meanwhile, from this article title, it appears that the US has taken notice. Article itself is paywalled unfortunately, and I haven't been able to find a non-paywalled version so far.

There is not much to it. News24 had an exclusive interview with US Ambassador Reuben Brigety. He has written a letter to Thandi Modise in which he disagrees with the comments made by Modise.

All in all, the state yesterday double-downed on the neutrality stance and condemned Western sanctions against Russia which they say are placing pressure on Russia and those Russia is trading with. They said some other things, amongst which they are troubled by the situation brewing between the US and China concerning Taiwan. In all these remarks, the state said that the West should allow diplomatic solutions. The gist I am getting is that the state is in the view that the US is not ensuring regional stability.

I don’t think they are all too bothered by Brigety’s letter to Modise.

There is not much to it. News24 had an exclusive interview with US Ambassador Reuben Brigety. He has written a letter to Thandi Modise in which he disagrees with the comments made by Modise.

All in all, the state yesterday double-downed on the neutrality stance and condemned Western sanctions against Russia which they say are placing pressure on Russia and those Russia is trading with. They said some other things, amongst which they are troubled by the situation brewing between the US and China concerning Taiwan. In all these remarks, the state said that the West should allow diplomatic solutions. The gist I am getting is that the state is in the view that the US is not ensuring regional stability.

I don’t think they are all too bothered by Brigety’s letter to Modise.

Probably a letter to remind them that the Yanks are aware of what's going on. The officials will bluff and play it down but hopefully the people who matter won't allow for a repetition of this craziness.

Back