UNINET

fdefoglio

Anyone in cape town using uninet? Can you tell me whether they have got a good coverage and acceptable service? I do not mind having a dialup speed as long as I have a functioning 24/7 connection. Thanks

freeek

Expert Member
Uninet has quite a good coverage over the cape town region. Their service is acceptable. Its actually very good with everything regard http. Downloads from websites are almost always on 15k constant(128k). However p2p is something that crawls. P2P is only after 7. Even after 7 you get dialup speeds from p2p. This is all good for me as im not a p2p'er. Only sad thing is that bit torrent is included in p2p.

Latency depended stuff. Good on business packages, inconsistent on home package - its improving slowly tho.

..- dot dot dash ;)

MaD

Expert Member
I am with them, FTP sucks big time.. most of the time I have to upload the same file a few times because it times out. Downloads are almost always full speed, browsing is nippy.. the only thing is FTP.

<font color="navy"><font size="1"><b>Where others have progress, we have Telkom.</b>
Hellkom website - www.hellkom.co.za</font id="size1"></font id="navy">

BTTB

Off topic.

I'm on ADSL and also had a problem uploading to am FTP. This has changed lately and I'm now able to upload at normal speeds.

<b><hr noshade size="1"></b><font size="2"><font color="red"><b>You can take Telkom out of the Post Office but you can't take the Post Office out of Telkom.</b></font id="red"></font id="size2">

freeek

Expert Member
it could be something to do with saix or IS and results in everyone having ftp problems

..- dot dot dash ;)