• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Unions fume over Eskom's 0% wage offer

thechamp

Honorary Master
Yeah that is mostly what I expect..

But the optimistic part of me would hope that there are actually contingency plans somewhere...
Electricity has just been restored, seems the contingency plan is working. :D it was off since around 8am.
Or maybe it was just regular maintanance.

Last edited:

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
The fact that they have generators at MWP shows you the confidence in their own grid and staff.

/joking it’s normal practice for any utility.
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but I was referring to our unit's own generator that kicked in once the power went out.

EDIT: Oh, I realise now you may not have been referring to my generators comment. Sorry.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Judging by how nervous 2 of my very close relatives, and ESKOM employees, are about current situations at the stations. I am inclined to believe that we are in for a few exciting days.

And they never get nervous or bothered by the fear-mongering reports like in the past. So kinda makes me nervous this time round.

R.V

Banned
The unions should be declared terrorist organizations and disbanded. Staff should be fired and replaced.