University dropout crisis for South Africa

Agree. Only solutions. Specially for stuff like Doctors and Vets
AI doctors and Sangomas to the rescue for humans.

For animals, South Africa always had "Perde Doktors" plying their trade.

I definitely studied the wrong thing, should have gone engineering. But I stuck with it since I was paying my own way , no money to waste.

Kids these days blame everything but never take responsibility for their own choice.

So what if there was no guidamce teacher, you can google any job under the sun.

And if you really dont know what to study, google jobs with high garunteed high salaries and compare it to your own abilities, i.e. if maths is a requirement and you suck at maths, move on to something else.

I definitely studied the wrong thing, should have gone engineering. But I stuck with it since I was paying my own way , no money to waste.

Kids these days blame everything but never take responsibility for their own choice.

So what if there was no guidamce teacher, you can google any job under the sun.

And if you really dont know what to study, google jobs with high garunteed high salaries and compare it to your own abilities, i.e. if maths is a requirement and you suck at maths, move on to something else.

If there is anyone more irresponsible with money is 18 year olds, especially if they not paying it back, they not concerned, life rotates around them and their wants, they are special

Reactions: rh1
You'd be surprised at the number of idiots who obtain degrees, and I was in a degree programme which required a minimum of an A aggregate (80% and above) for Mathematics and an overall 'B' aggregate (70% or above). It was not an engineering degree. I'm not clever enough to do 2nd-year mathematics.

They're blaming the wrong choice of what to study as opposed to the ongoing practice of allowing students in on criteria other than academic performance?

OK then...

Would potentially be interesting to see a study on the matric academic results and racial make ups of the dropouts vs. those that stay the course.

This is what happens when you lower school education standards, prohibit schools from failing children and passing them all through the worsmasjien into the university. The same is now happening there. As long as money is paid, the worsmasjien continues and everyone get their free degrees. Most are still uneducated by the time they get their doctoral degrees from South African universities.

This is what happens when you lower school education standards, prohibit schools from failing children and passing them all through the worsmasjien into the university. The same is now happening there. As long as money is paid, the worsmasjien continues and everyone get their free degrees. Most are still uneducated by the time they get their doctoral degrees from South African universities.
Well put, unlike other systems, education rots from the bottom up.

Back