Unleaded 93 petrol price increases to R19.32 per litre

YoungSandwich

On a 40l tank it is just R40 extra at the end of the day.

Some people will pay that and avoid the queue the day before.
This is the kind of mentality that drives me nuts. It's not just "R40" at the end of the day.

About 10 years ago, that same 40 liters would have cost you about R400 at an avg of R10 a liter.

That same 40 liter is now R800 just 10 years later.

How are people not more furious about this I will never know.

rietrot

Honorary Master
This is the kind of mentality that drives me nuts. It's not just "R40" at the end of the day.

About 10 years ago, that same 40 liters would have cost you about R400 at an avg of R10 a liter.

That same 40 liter is now R800 just 10 years later.

How are people not more furious about this I will never know.
Yeah petrol is to expensive because of taxes if you look at the bigger picture.
And we need to get rid of government price controls.

But what changed from yesterday to today is only ~R40

How am I not furious? I've gotten used to ANC incompetence, this is the expected outcome. Things will get worse.

hjst45

Always shocked when I go to Bali, petrol price there for Nov is R12.12. Can drive around on a scooter for a week at about 40 bucks

MidnightZA

Expert Member

Its also time and effort that puts me off. I rather not go sit at the garage just to fill half a tank in my case (less than 20L, to save less than R20)

I rather work half hour of overtime rather than going to wait half hour at the garage queuing behind 10 other cars who all fill up before the price goes up

adrcl

The BMW 320d is available in a number of variants and body types that are powered by Diesel fuel type(s). It has an estimated fuel consumption starting from 4.5L/100km.