Unlimited data SIM for R170 – Telkom stops the deal

HideInLight

Expert Member
So resellers are not allowed to mention which network powers their mobile offerings?

RichardG

Honorary Master
So resellers are not allowed to mention which network powers their mobile offerings?

It goes to show if they can offer highly competitive rates than the network. They making a lot of profit. How much does 1 gig of data cost networks nowadays R1

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
There is something extremely fishy about this unlimited internet offer via a reseller APN. I suspect there were going to be unpaid APN bills after 3 months and liquidation, long after the owners had stashed the profits out of sight. Either that or some really crazy shaping/blocking. There is no way you can sell unlimited internet for R100 odd a month. Beyond 1GB per subscriber, you are making a loss.

hackerjargon

Just goes to show, the operators have a monopoly. We're not allowed to have nice things. We're always being data-r@ped.

game@holic

This guy already tried this with MTN and had the plug pulled on that. Now telkom put a stop to it as well. I bet we are going to see a Cell C and Vodacom sim next lol.

Paul_S

Expert Member
There is something extremely fishy about this unlimited internet offer via a reseller APN. I suspect there were going to be unpaid APN bills after 3 months and liquidation, long after the owners had stashed the profits out of sight.

That's exactly what crossed my mind.
Another con artist who grabs money from gullible consumers and then disappears before the bills need to be paid.

Hitchcock

Banned
Now, on a side note - MyBroadBand, did you ever receive the SIM you ordered? Did you pay them the money, and if so, did you get a refund? If not, how does it feel to sit with a worthless sim card? According to rumor, but unconfirmed at this time, they made more than 3 million within the first week of the article.

Bosvark@

Expert Member
Bunch of criminals with intention to bill clients for services that do not exist!

Pitbull

Verboten
There is something extremely fishy about this unlimited internet offer via a reseller APN. I suspect there were going to be unpaid APN bills after 3 months and liquidation, long after the owners had stashed the profits out of sight. Either that or some really crazy shaping/blocking. There is no way you can sell unlimited internet for R100 odd a month. Beyond 1GB per subscriber, you are making a loss.

As a reseller yes. Data is not a depleting resource. Once the infrastructure is there, there should be little to no cost. This however from a Network point of view.

PHeX

Why dont DataSim just apply for their own APN? Because very soon someone will take that busines

Totempole

Expert Member
I love the testimonials at the bottom of the page. The service only ever worked for about 30 days, yet...
"Since we have moved over to Data Sim we have saved 1000s of Rands on our data charges."

Aubrey – Durban

:D

Finally I am able to browse & watch facebook videos without worrying about data limits and costs.

Mr Timothy Dalton

OMG!!! James Bond uses Data Sim! :D:D:D

Licence to Kill... Your internet connection. :p

Last edited:

kianm

Honorary Master
So the operators really don't want this Data Sim company to take off