Unlimited US mobile data plans – what are they like?

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
People are quick to say that our uncapped isn't uncapped, but we have some fairly decent cutoffs by international standards. Our speeds are also good. The only place we fall flat is our pricing.

furpile

Expert Member
Why can they not just make two standard definitions and enforce it worldwide?

Unlimited: There is no limit! (except for network capacity) No slowdowns/throttling etc...

Uncapped: There is no cap, so they cannot switch you off but can limit your speed at a certain point.

This would make life so much simpler.

Budza

Executive Member
50 & 100MB. Wow. That's worse than our internetwork roaming...

I'm on an unlimted plan in the UK: Torrents are throttled between 17:00->24:00. They fly from 02:00 or so until about 09:00: ~3MB/s on my OnePlus One- slows phone down considerably :D

Tethering is limited to 4GB though, which is OK if I do my downloading on the phone- torrents and youtube then transfer to PC to play on the TV.

Speeds during the day are average- enough to stream high quality Google Play Music, which is enough for me.

This plan is properly unlimted - I average about 100GB/month.

It also comes with 25GB free roaming in 'Feel at home' countries.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=internetapps,varset_subcat=3583,Case=obj(3833) *Note the 'traffic limit' in there :p