Unlink FNB App devices from online banking profile

MrG

Executive Member
How do you do it?

Plus, how do I verify my new device? The new device's app appears to be working though?

Capture.JPG

katastrofie

How do you do it?

Plus, how do I verify my new device? The new device's app appears to be working though?

View attachment 414790

I had a similar problem. Couldn't do it from online banking. What worked for me was verifying the new device from the old device's app, then delinking the old device, again from within the app.

MrG

Executive Member
For some reason my interface does not have that option. I will need to give them a call.

zeroimpact

Certain features on the FNB's Website does not support Chrome. Only IE ... nice to know ... the option to manage devices and browsers only pops up in the IE browser this is not shown in chrome

Solitude

Executive Member
I delinked my phone on Firefox last week.

1. Click on: Online Banking Settings top right

Um scratch that. I get an error when I go to the screen where I did it last week.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Certain features on the FNB's Website does not support Chrome. Only IE ... nice to know ... the option to manage devices and browsers only pops up in the IE browser this is not shown in chrome

Shows fine here.

Login -> Online Banking Settings -> Banking tab -> My Devices and Browsers

fish_man

Expert Member
Shows fine here.

Login -> Online Banking Settings -> Banking tab -> My Devices and Browsers

Ok, I'm having the same issue.
The previous phone is delinked and the app works on the new phone. But the phone is not verified.
How do I verify, there are no options to select.

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
Ok, I'm having the same issue.
The previous phone is delinked and the app works on the new phone. But the phone is not verified.
How do I verify, there are no options to select.
You can't. You need at least one verified browser or app on a phone to verify another. I've had this issue a few times.

2 options. You can either go into a branch and they can do it for you. Second option is to wait 7 days. After 7 days it will be verified, you have to transact once in the 7 days using the app though.

So next time you get a new phone, make sure your laptop/pc browser is veiried. This way you can verify the new phone.

cavedog

Honorary Master
You can't. You need at least one verified browser or app on a phone to verify another. I've had this issue a few times.

2 options. You can either go into a branch and they can do it for you. Second option is to wait 7 days. After 7 days it will be verified, you have to transact once in the 7 days using the app though.

So next time you get a new phone, make sure your laptop/pc browser is veiried. This way you can verify the new phone.

+1 After 7 days and doing atleast a transaction of R300 or more your new device will be verified. While it's unverified there are transaction limits.

Also To remove the old devices from your profile if you already lost the app you can call the call centre or go to the branch.

If you get OTP on old device but don't have access to that devic or app anymore you need to call the call centre so they can remove the device from your profile in order for you to get the OTP via sms.

CarolynD

Up until about a week ago, I’d receive OTP by sms. About 2 days ago, message on online banking on PC says I need to check my app for the OTP. I didn’t have the iPad with me so cancelled the transaction. Tried viewing my son’s card pin today on my profile, message says OTP sent to the app, which is on an iPad I don’t carry with me. After several calls, online banking support just told me the process changed at least 9 months ago and that online banking now has the following requirement:
You must always do online banking from same computer, using the SAME internet connection (seems a joke!), and same browser to verify the device for online banking, then you must make a payment over R301, wait SEVEN days for the device, browser, and internet connection to be verified for use for online banking. I asked when this changed and did they send notifications of the change. Was told notifications not sent for security reasons, customer must call in to have this explained. I asked what happened if you travel and not using same internet connection. Response was you have to make a payment of R301 or more to verify the new scenario (which requires same device/pc, same browser, same internet connection, failing which you do not have full functionality including cannot view card pins, cannot add recipients, payment limits. This all seems quite bizarre? What about traveling and needing to do online banking on the road, using a different internet connection? Support also said you must not clear browser cache or cookies either or will have the same problem and will need to verify once again, making the R301+ payment and wait 7 days. I feel this is bizarre, bordering on the ridiculous!!

AchmatK

Executive Member
Its a joke. When I queried this they gave me the same story about the same pc, browser, and internet connection.

The internet connection must also be from the same IP address. I told them that if I lose connection and restart my router I will be assigned a new IP address and they told me there's nothing they can do. For now internet banking on my computer is useless as I have no verified computers. Fortunately the app on my phone is verified.

I don't understand the reason to lock it down to one IP address. I take my laptop with me and work from different locations with different connections and therefore access their website from different IP addresses.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Its a joke. When I queried this they gave me the same story about the same pc, browser, and internet connection.

The internet connection must also be from the same IP address. I told them that if I lose connection and restart my router I will be assigned a new IP address and they told me there's nothing they can do. For now internet banking on my computer is useless as I have no verified computers. Fortunately the app on my phone is verified.

I don't understand the reason to lock it down to one IP address. I take my laptop with me and work from different locations with different connections and therefore access their website from different IP addresses.

When did this change? I have to do ‘business’ banking weekly, and I’m also not at the same location weekly? Never mind personal banking…

This doesn’t allow mobility at all, this is not online banking, but location-based banking.

AchmatK

Executive Member
When did this change? I have to do ‘business’ banking weekly, and I’m also not at the same location weekly? Never mind personal banking…

This doesn’t allow mobility at all, this is not online banking, but location-based banking.
I don't think it affects business banking using digital certificates.

I only found this out about 9 months ago when I changed from Windows phone to Android. I couldn't verify my Android device from my home computer as my home computer was not a verified device even though I've been using it for a while. I was told that connecting on a computer must be done with the same browser and internet connection and the same IP address. I made a payment using my laptop and called them the next week when it was still not verified. I told them nothing has changed except that my internet connection was dropped and reconnected. They then said that if I connect from a different IP address then it will not verify the device. This was using Telkom internet and my my phone as a mobile hotspot with Vodacom.

Both my laptop and Windows tablet are not verified with limited functionality. I only use the Android app now.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I don't think it affects business banking using digital certificates.

I only found this out about 9 months ago when I changed from Windows phone to Android. I couldn't verify my Android device from my home computer as my home computer was not a verified device even though I've been using it for a while. I was told that connecting on a computer must be done with the same browser and internet connection and the same IP address. I made a payment using my laptop and called them the next week when it was still not verified. I told them nothing has changed except that my internet connection was dropped and reconnected. They then said that if I connect from a different IP address then it will not verify the device. This was using Telkom internet and my my phone as a mobile hotspot with Vodacom.

Both my laptop and Windows tablet are not verified with limited functionality. I only use the Android app now.

Ah, now I understand. Yes, I am aware of this, the verification of devices. I resolved one such issue in-branch, however, I have other issues with FNB.

They keep my old address on my statements, although it has been ‘corrected’ by resubmitting my FICA documents. Everything at the bank reflects my true address, except for my statements. All they tell me is to resubmit by FICA documents… no luck. The joys of customer service.

Yes, my latest device is still unverified, although I have achieved the required transactional amount and have waited for days. I still need to go to the bank to correct this, if still possible by going by the above posts.

I have used my laptop, recently reinstalled, at various locations without being restricted.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Has anyone had any joy recently with regard to verifying a new device?

It's already past 7 days and a transaction of more then R300 was done multiple times over a few weeks.

Can't see an option using a computer browser as well (no verified computers though only one phone).

CaptainJustice

Having the same issue, want to verify app but have no other verified devices or browsers.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Having the same issue, want to verify app but have no other verified devices or browsers.

Lol, I just made a thread about this yesterday:

Seems this is still the way to do it:

+1 After 7 days and doing atleast a transaction of R300 or more your new device will be verified. While it's unverified there are transaction limits.

Also To remove the old devices from your profile if you already lost the app you can call the call centre or go to the branch.

If you get OTP on old device but don't have access to that devic or app anymore you need to call the call centre so they can remove the device from your profile in order for you to get the OTP via sms.

Edit:
Will we get a "tired complaining about FNB" thread in the near future? :p

kronoSX

Honorary Master
Can someone please help me as i delinked my phone but still its asking me to approve a transaction via my phone which is broken now,An best od all my tablet only takes vodacom locked..This is bullsheet.I can do nothing without my phone being on
I will be voting next time fnb app is bull