Unlocked the 5G connection today

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Awesome bro. What are your before and after speeds?
Before could not even register indoor unit between 50-100. Outdoor unit best was around 400, average around 270 in current location. But it has been a bumpy ride to say the least even with outdoor unit. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Yuu

Jimmy

Before could not even register indoor unit between 50-100. Outdoor unit best was around 400, average around 270 in current location. But it has been a bumpy ride to say the least even with outdoor unit. Your mileage may vary.
And do you game using that connection?

ZimmY

so now with the black friday special i am curious do it however on the coverage map it show i am about 2 to 3 km out of range would you guys reckon worth the try?

mrlgm007

so now with the black friday special i am curious do it however on the coverage map it show i am about 2 to 3 km out of range would you guys reckon worth the try?
View attachment 748361
Can you see "65573 4G" when you search for Cell operators on your phone ?
Go and have a look at the tower if you know where it is and check what is on it.

The below is 5g tower not far from my house the first set from bottom are the 5G hardware.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Very. Although BFV servers were playing up last night. Mind you coming of ADSL line anything is better.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Multiplayer gaming has been very stable for me as well. 20ms on BF V servers
Stutter has basically disappeared for me on BFV. At one stage thought my Ryzen 9/2080Ti was causer. Can happily play 4k maxed out now.

• Wow

ZimmY

Can you see "65573 4G" when you search for Cell operators on your phone ?
Go and have a look at the tower if you know where it is and check what is on it.

The below is 5g tower not far from my house the first set from bottom are the 5G hardware.

These are the networks i find at home from my phone im not sure more or less where to have a look for these towers but il go for a sunday drive

Attachments

• Wow

mrlgm007

These are the networks i find at home from my phone im not sure more or less where to have a look for these towers but il go for a sunday drive
You have 5G thats thanks to @cavedog advised on another thread to check this , i am takeing the risk you can always return it in 7days.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Lost count but yeah my tower is back online. Electricity issue seems to have been resolved as the generators are gone and my Rain 5G is online :)

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Do you have direct line of site to the tower?
Far from it. I'm in a very bad area hence the outdoor unit. Also behind a hill with lots of trees see diagram below. Will be tweaking install this weekend. Plan is to get unit on a pole about 3-4m.

Jimmy

Far from it. I'm in a very bad area hence the outdoor unit. Also behind a hill with lots of trees see diagram below. Will be tweaking install this weekend. Plan is to get unit on a pole about 3-4m.

View attachment 749043
So how do I go about getting an outdoor unit if my connection is bad? I ordered and I am expecting it next week.