Unlocked the 5G connection today

under_sky

Expert Member
I see rain is now content on doing this 24 Month thing for the 5G. They have just updated their page now and no buyout option.

byronsn

Might as well rather be using real debrid otherwise join a google drive think im on one now that has around 300tb worth of stuff..
Pardon the ignorance but what difference would real debrid make with downloading? I thought it was used for scraping on KODI addons, which is what i used it for anyway. With google drives, I tried searching for some, but you cant really find them that way, should I rather be searching on reddit or something?

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Maybe too many people were buying it just for the cheap modem then canceling
You will probably find that Huawei "bank rolled" implementation with certain amount of free stock, after all they are using Huawei infrastructure. I paid premium for mine so no bad karma if I decide to leave.

After the tweaking over weekend I can see myself being with RAIN for a long time if current trend prevails. Some teething problems for me in beginning, but so far so good.

Last edited:

Leno

You will probably find that Hauwei "bank rolled" implementation with certain amount of free stock, after all they are using Hauwei infrastructure. I paid premium for mine so no bad karma if I decide to leave.
Yeah I am sure they will be using rain's network as a sales tool to other possible customers

I also paid premium for mine, still cheaper than the 499 pounds I saw it going for on Amazon (which is now unavailable)

This router works extremely well on LTE-A also, its just a pitty they locked down the advanced mobile network settings, you can see them in the html but its hidden

Off topic a bit: why do none of the Hauwei routers I have allow channel 1-5 on wifi

TechnoChicken

Hmmm, so I just lost internet on both my connected devices (laptop and gaming pc) Rebooted the 5G device making 100% sure not to even move it a millimeter and after it's restarted I'm getting much much less speeds than earlier today.
I was downloading Squad from the Steam store at 50MBps while this happened and now I am not even getting 9 down. Did a speedtest and I'm averaging 90mbps down and 5 up.

Maybe they are doing maintenance or something on my tower?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hmmm, so I just lost internet on both my connected devices (laptop and gaming pc) Rebooted the 5G device making 100% sure not to even move it a millimeter and after it's restarted I'm getting much much less speeds than earlier today.
I was downloading Squad from the Steam store at 50MBps while this happened and now I am not even getting 9 down. Did a speedtest and I'm averaging 90mbps down and 5 up.

Check your signal stats. If it's low it's likely the tower went down.

Reactions: Yuu

werfie

Expert Member
Jumping in here. I don't know what these stats mean - any idea if this is good/bad?

RSRQ
-13.0dB
RSRP
-95dBm
RSSI
<=-113dBm
SINR
-2dB

5G RSRQ
-10.0dB
5G RSRP
-101dBm
5G SINR
11dB

PAYBACK

Expert Member

ALso found that rebooting my P
Jumping in here. I don't know what these stats mean - any idea if this is good/bad?

RSRQ
-13.0dB
RSRP
-95dBm
RSSI
<=-113dBm
SINR
-2dB

5G RSRQ
-10.0dB
5G RSRP
-101dBm
5G SINR
11dB
Ideally you want RSRP to be in 80's. See chart below.

TechnoChicken

Yeah I will have to do a factory reset of the device as it does not want to log in with the password I changed it to, odd.
So I will do that now and keep tabs on the info like signal etc.

Logged a ticket with Rain in the interim and it was escalated to the "network department" and got a reference number