Unlocked the 5G connection today

TechnoChicken

Pretty certain I have a tower down issue. I don't have a 5G light on my device, only 4G and when logging in it shows 4G Rain on the dashboard / status page with the signal bars

Signal Stats for those interested:

RSRQ -15db
RSRP -97dBm
RSSI -65dBm
SINR 1dB

EDIT: from RAIN support chat : Your tower is currently down.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Pretty certain I have a tower down issue. I don't have a 5G light on my device, only 4G and when logging in it shows 4G Rain on the dashboard / status page with the signal bars

Signal Stats for those interested:

RSRQ -15db
RSRP -97dBm
RSSI -65dBm
SINR 1dB

EDIT: from RAIN support chat : Your tower is currently down.
Give them a call. Let them log a billing query. They will credit you for downtime. Yes those signal stats are from the 4G right. At least you have 4G fall back to have some sort of connection.

TechnoChicken

Thanks cavedog. Yeah as you said at least I have 4G to fall back on, it fluctuates between 1mbs and 11mbps just now on a speed test. So as long as there is something I can make due, sucks for my gaming though, but reading posts histories and your experience it does not seem that it takes them toooo long to sort out issues.

Reactions: Yuu

TechnoChicken

So I'm back online, that was quick. Same day service. Color me impressed, whether it was big or small being back up within the same day is great.

Some tests

Ping 14ms
514Mbps down
50.91Mbps up

2nd test
Ping 14ms
320.67Mbps down
50.12Mbps up

3rd test directly afterwards
Ping 12ms
351.80Mbps down
48.3Mbps up

Happiness.

Jimmy

@PAYBACK I am super happy with my 200mbps speeds. I come from a 2mbps ADSL connection. How do I go about getting a rain tech to come and further increase the stability of my connection? Or do those guys only come when you cannot reach 80mbps.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
@PAYBACK I am super happy with my 200mbps speeds. I come from a 2mbps ADSL connection. How do I go about getting a rain tech to come and further increase the stability of my connection? Or do those guys only come when you cannot reach 80mbps.
Only if you below 80 I think
This. They only came because I was getting 50 at one stage. 80 is hardly 5G territory mind you. As stated in another thread there needs to be a distinction as to where LTE-A stops and 5G takes over.

Problem wit this product is we are chasing ideal conditions, not content with what we have knowing it is capable of far much more.

Reactions: Yuu

Jimmy

This. They only came because I was getting 50 at one stage. 80 is hardly 5G territory mind you. As stated in another thread there needs to be a distinction as to where LTE-A stops and 5G takes over.

Problem wit this product is we are chasing ideal conditions, not content with what we have knowing it is capable of far much more.
Ah. Makes sense. So I would have to buy my own antenna and set it up? If yes, how much would such cost?

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Ah. Makes sense. So I would have to buy my own antenna and set it up? If yes, how much would such cost?
5G CPE PRO that RAIN supplies does have external antennae support but from what I have read if you connect antennae to unit you degrade the effectiveness of 5G. Not an expert on this.

Jimmy

5G CPE PRO that RAIN supplies does have external antennae support but from what I have read if you connect antennae to unit you degrade the effectiveness of 5G. Not an expert on this.
So what did you do to increase the stability of your 5G?