Unlocked the 5G connection today

MrMaph

The problem is, I don't think rain are making that much profit, so it would be hard for other providers to come in cheaper then that
Vodacom spent 4.6 Billion in 6 months to improve their network. What will it take? a billion or two on subsidizing 5G services to kill rain? These big guys can go years with losses and still survive Rain can't afford that since it does not have multiple revenue streams. The only advantage Rain has now is the 2600Mhz & 5G spectrum, which is why it is trying to lock down clients.

Jimmy

Little bit of fog outside and my signal strength dropped a bit. Is that normal?

370z

May be a dumb question but can anyone tell me if when you can't get 5g signal whether it'll drop to 4g or are you just stuck without Internet?

SNaidoo

Hi everyone. How has your download speeds been with the bad weather yesterday and today in Gauteng? Mine tanked and has been inconsistent.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Hi everyone. How has your download speeds been with the bad weather yesterday and today in Gauteng? Mine tanked and has been inconsistent.
Terrible. Even with extended mast. Signal has gone from 80's into 100's.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
@Jimmy @PAYBACK @SNaidoo

I moved the ODU last night in the rain this was on the chimney but i could not get over 40mb and 1 mb

its now just above the garage roof and getting

Ping: 12ms
Download: 542.76Mbps
Upload: 13.48Mbps

Was on the wall in the pic , i never took any new pictures since i put the ODU up.

View attachment 752458
That is impressive. Curious about setup. Is this CPE PRO connected to outdoor antenna? Could you explain what you have. Does not look like my ODU.

Nevermind, I'm assuming that is a 4G antenna pictured :)

mrlgm007

That is impressive. Curious about setup. Is this CPE PRO connected to outdoor antenna? Could you explain what you have. Does not look like my ODU.

Nevermind, I'm assuming that is a 4G antenna pictured :)
i need to take more pictures of the 5G just grabbed one of the pics from the email i sent to rain to get the outdoor unit.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
i need to take more pictures of the 5G just grabbed one of the pics from the email i sent to rain to get the outdoor unit.
Still confused.
IDU (Indoor unit): 5G CPE PRO
ODU(Outdoor unit): N5368/Outdoor 5G CPE

under_sky

Expert Member
Correct. Ok so you are trying to justify getting ODU by showing RAIN you only get good signal outside.
Well I have got it but that’s what you need to do for them and then when they test on site they also check for that etc

Jimmy

So ODU aside, aren't there any 5G antennas that can help stabilize my connection?