Unlocked the 5G connection today

Prim0

Just got an email to say my area is in the 5G coverage zone, I live in Mitchell's Plain. Called in and was told they are getting a bunch of phone calls from people in Mitchell's Plain and Jeffreys Bay concerning 5G. Will report back once or if I'm up and running.

Reactions: Yuu

Prim0

Just got an email to say my area is in the 5G coverage zone, I live in Mitchell's Plain. Called in and was told they are getting a bunch of phone calls from people in Mitchell's Plain and Jeffreys Bay concerning 5G. Will report back once or if I'm up and running.
Just got off the phone with a rep from Rain that cleared things up for me. I was told that the email I got was simply a mistake and that instead Rain were only doing a census to see if Mitchell's Plain residents were interested in 5G.

BradleyKZN

My 5G isn't very good at home. Starts off with lovely 300mbps speeds, and then settles at about 30mbps. At that point, the upload speed is faster then the download strangely enough. I hope there is something they can do to fix it :confused:

BradleyKZN

My 5G isn't very good at home. Starts off with lovely 300mbps speeds, and then settles at about 30mbps. At that point, the upload speed is faster then the download strangely enough. I hope there is something they can do to fix it :confused:
So the good news is that it looks like this issue could be fixed. I took the router outside, and went from good signal to excellent, but the speed didnt change, so it might just be a config issue at the tower or something