Unlocked the 5G connection today

cavedog

Honorary Master
Direct downloads from Amsterdam flying :)

Time for some League of Legends URF. Rain has been unaffected by the WACS break apart from the increased latency speeds an stability has been the same.

waylander

Expert Member
So today, after three months of battling I was invoiced again for a service I don't have, the router has been returned to Rain over a week ago and today I got a refund of R1000 when I am owed over R2000 and tomorrow the R1000 I got refunded will be debited back by Rain...

Fuck this company.

waylander

Expert Member
@rain_mobile tried to assist via PM but it seems their billing dept. are as clueless as their engineers. Hopefully I can get this escalated. @rpm @Jan maybe this is more widespread than just me.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So more 5G towers going live around me. Sadly not helping with the speed and since 2 of them follow the same loadshedding schedule and the remaining to the slot just after me there is about 5-10min 4G only between loadshedding slots. Speeds are still 350-400Mbps but I have to move the router from the one side of the room to the other to switch towers.

Rain_5G.png

mrlgm007

So more 5G towers going live around me. Sadly not helping with the speed and since 2 of them follow the same loadshedding schedule and the remaining to the slot just after me there is about 5-10min 4G only between loadshedding slots. Speeds are still 350-400Mbps but I have to move the router from the one side of the room to the other to switch towers.

View attachment 777630
Nice map and home work you have done on this.

At least you have more towers going up i still just have the one lol.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Nice map and home work you have done on this.

At least you have more towers going up i still just have the one lol.
Thanks. Yes well I'm glad the towers are popping up. I might need to get an external unit mounted properly to get the best of all the towers if one goes down.

I see tonight's loadshedding my main tower did not come back online. I'm on the second tower now.

mrlgm007

Thanks. Yes well I'm glad the towers are popping up. I might need to get an external unit mounted properly to get the best of all the towers if one goes down.

I see tonight's loadshedding my main tower did not come back online. I'm on the second tower now.
yeah that is a issue seen that all the time with mine after load shedding i dont under stand why it dont come back online they need to fix it fast cause i moan after every load shedding that i have.

Power should have been out but COJ saved us as they have that power station in Kempton back online.

ISP: rain
Ping: 22ms
Download: 571.36Mbps
Upload: 24.2Mbps
Test your speed: http://speedtest.co.za

cavedog

Honorary Master
yeah that is a issue seen that all the time with mine after load shedding i dont under stand why it dont come back online they need to fix it fast cause i moan after every load shedding that i have.

Power should have been out but COJ saved us as they have that power station in Kempton back online.

ISP: rain
Ping: 22ms
Download: 571.36Mbps
Upload: 24.2Mbps
Test your speed: http://speedtest.co.za
Second tower for me still pretty fast. Main tower still down so not sure why it's down very disappointing because it was perfect until power went off 7pm.....

Opera Snapshot_2020-01-31_231528_speedtest.mybroadband.co.za.png

waylander

Expert Member
So today, after three months of battling I was invoiced again for a service I don't have, the router has been returned to Rain over a week ago and today I got a refund of R1000 when I am owed over R2000 and tomorrow the R1000 I got refunded will be debited back by Rain...

Fuck this company.
As expected, R1000 debited from me this morning. @rain_mobile - I sent you each invoice via PM. Please have a look.

waylander

Expert Member
Worst thing, I was on live chat this morning and the chat agent asked me when I cancelled, because the service was still active!

cavedog

Honorary Master
Worst thing, I was on live chat this morning and the chat agent asked me when I cancelled, because the service was still active!
Rain support is like Telkom. Both of them have decent product offering on LTE and Rain 5G but horrible support. When the product works it works really well but when it doesn't work good luck with that. Lucky for me when my tower down they gave me a credit.

mrlgm007

Rain support is like Telkom. Both of them have decent product offering on LTE and Rain 5G but horrible support. When the product works it works really well but when it doesn't work good luck with that. Lucky for me when my tower down they gave me a credit.
I never got my last credit :( paid the full 1000 I need to to keep on top of this currently under 45 mb since saterday night.

Need to find out how to run a speedtest to a local server automatically.

Jimmy

Did you manage to convince them to get you an outdoor unit?

waylander

Expert Member
After a few hours between calls and emails with Rain and my bank - we went one by one through each invoice and amount that went off my account and it turns out the issue came down to Rain's accounting system not knowing the difference between a credit and a debit, which the person admitted to and a refund is on its way, and I have requested my card be removed from their system to prevent this from ever happening again. Pathetic service, but glad I never have to use them again.