Unlocked the 5G connection today

11Snowman11

Im quite happy to see they are expanding. The coverage in PTA North in November 2019 v Feb 2020. So I believe I am going to give this another shot.
rain.pngrain 2.png

jacques_sungula

My rain 5G Q2 CPE router has just gone dead in terms of wifi, says its enabled but nothing can find it.. This is even after a hard reset etc... anyone had this issue ?

The lan works

My wifi is dead as well, can only connect to modem via lan cable. Frustrated

McGuywer

Executive Member
Can anyone provide me with the Rain Rep's username?

I keep on having issues with my account that does not get credited. Numerous chats/phone calls/tweets but nothing. How can I escalate my issue?

crocopede

Does anyone know how to get a response from RAIN?
I logged a call two days ago and no response. I also tried chatting to an agent on their site and it was about 10 minutes between replies from their agent.

I have zero signal here despite them sending me an email saying theres signal here.
Hopefully they will refund me the upfront cost considering they have zero after sales service nor signal. That is, if i can actually get fkcing hold of someone there

TechnoChicken

Does anyone know how to get a response from RAIN?
I was happily playing COD till about 18:30 where my connection just dropped. When I log onto my Rain Router it shows 4G only. Hooked up my phone and did a live support chat with Rain, they advised me to do a factory reset on my router which I did.

Didn't help anything as I still have 4G only, no 5G and the 5G light is not even on - on the device.

Been stuck at position number 2 in their queue for followup chat support for over an hour now.

Vivian23

I was happily playing COD till about 18:30 where my connection just dropped. When I log onto my Rain Router it shows 4G only. Hooked up my phone and did a live support chat with Rain, they advised me to do a factory reset on my router which I did.

Didn't help anything as I still have 4G only, no 5G and the 5G light is not even on - on the device.

Been stuck at position number 2 in their queue for followup chat support for over an hour now.
Hi there, are you perhaps in the South of Johannesburg ?

cavedog

Honorary Master

Loadshedding. The sad part is that none of the Rain 5G towers has any backup batteries. When power is restored something goes wrong and the 5G does not come back. When it fails to come back online it triggers an alarm on the tower and a network fault gets logged. Most of the time when Rain eventually attend to the network fault the power could have gone off again or is off again.

It's a problem. It's a problem I noticed on my side. My tower does not always return after loadshedding and when the second slot for loadshedding happens it might come back after that otherwise a couple of days before it returns.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I was hoping that @rpm Could maybe put these questions to Rain. Why does 5G not have backup batteries. Continuous loadshedding breaks 5G and technicians need to be dispatched to fix. This is not going to be sustainable in the long run where loadshedding is now happening for weeks...

TechnoChicken

Loadshedding. The sad part is that none of the Rain 5G towers has any backup batteries. When power is restored something goes wrong and the 5G does not come back. When it fails to come back online it triggers an alarm on the tower and a network fault gets logged. Most of the time when Rain eventually attend to the network fault the power could have gone off again or is off again.

It's a problem. It's a problem I noticed on my side. My tower does not always return after loadshedding and when the second slot for loadshedding happens it might come back after that otherwise a couple of days before it returns.
Morning sir.

Yeah I'm pretty sure its power related. Maybe it decided to hibernate until a physical tech goes out and kicks it back up.

Its freaken annoying though. I cannot play the games I do on 4G, and I can barely get any internet connectivity on 4G either, even myBB took like 3-4 tries to load and it looked like I was doing so on 56k. Cannot open youtube, or even the rain website, for that i have to connect via my phone. Yet the signal bars on the router's interface is 5/5. and my 5G when running is amazing 450 down and 50 up.

Still on hold for their support center via live chat and my phone.

11Snowman11

When it falls back to the 4G what is the avg speed you getting? Is it about the same as one can expect from their 4G sim cards?

TechnoChicken

When it falls back to the 4G what is the avg speed you getting? Is it about the same as one can expect from their 4G sim cards?

Did a couple of speedtests now, max 2mb down and max 0.5 up.

I cant even play local ping games like call of duty modern warfare or Battlefield 5. Both just kick me off the servers with severe ping spikes

crocopede

I am fcking livid atm. I want to cancel my RAIN because despite logging calls, holding on their phone lines and trying to chat to their staff due to the fact that i have zero signal... i log onto the site and low and behold. They say ive already used 2.38gb.

In my life have i never come across such advanced technology that can download 2.38gb while not even powered on. I suspect their device makes use of ether that it sucks out of the cosmos to self power while its lying a box waiting for a refund.

FML
I should have checked hellopeter
1581167083912.png

Last edited: