Unlocked the 5G connection today

chakniks

It's really a shame, they pissed off a reliable guy who could have tested this for us. By now we would have known everything about this new package

chakniks

I had to downgrade package, so will see the effects this weekend.
Interesting, allowing a downgrade is a good move. Was it a straight forward process i.e. can it be done on the dashboard online or do you need a few call and emails for it to happen?

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Interesting, allowing a downgrade is a good move. Was it a straight forward process i.e. can it be done on the dashboard online or do you need a few call and emails for it to happen?
Did it with the online chat, took about a minute

Jimmy

Such a weird price. I would of expected the standard offer to be cheaper.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Na, had to downgrade because of finances :ROFL: i'll just live with the 480p, which sucks, because im on youtube 90% of the time watching gaming vids
I guess you could use those YT downloading websites and apps. Which kills the fun of streaming.

Dianysis

Expert Member
It's fine I'm just cancelling outright. Wanted to pay and compare the 2 not freebies but seems they are actively preventing people from signing up by their dodgy terms which now also includes a 10 simcard limit including previous cancelled simcards.

So if you had the service and cancelled before you are out of luck no service for you with Rain ever again unless they make an exception....
Is this 10 sim card rule specific to Rain?
Or do other companies also do this?
I.e. Supersonic, Afrihost, etc.

Prim0

So odd, if you downgrade you have to wait until month-end for it take effect however if you upgrade it's effective immediately.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Is this 10 sim card rule specific to Rain?
Or do other companies also do this?
I.e. Supersonic, Afrihost, etc.
It's actually 5 x 4G simcards only 1 may be active at a time. Only 1 x 5G package and obviously then only that 1 package can be active.

Previously active and now cancelled simcards are also included in this limit.

This is a Rain thing. You are not limited with ISPs but better to check with the respective ISP.

waylander

Expert Member
@cavedog I have two 4G SIMs I still have active at the same time, so maybe their terms are written but aren't enforced because changing internal configs are more effort than editing their website's text lmao