Upcoming Cell C Promo?

Tygga

Hey guys, about a week ago I received an SMS from Cell C informing me of the new upcoming Woza promotion starting this month. The old promo ends on the 19th of April, more info later this month. My question is, has anybody got an info pertaining this upcoming promotion? How will it work?

I just can't wait, if anybody already has an info please let me know!
I am anxious now.

d0b33

Honorary Master
Don't get too excited, you might be disappointed.

Tygga

40% excitement, 60% disappointment!

That's how anxious I am, I've left enough room for disappointment.

lotus123

I received a text yesterday that said you will receive 1 free minute for every 2 minutes someone calls you from Vodacom or MTN.

Big whoop! Looks like AKCs approach to customer value has followed him to CellC (not that this has anything to do with him yet).

Seriously though, I think it's time to port over to another SP again. The bonus CellC to CellC minutes worked fine for my family phones, but the CellC coverage was a bit dodgy for Whatsapp (and we use that a lot now). Better start figuring out which of the SPs is the new "best value".

Damn, CellC was looking so good last year!

K3NS31

Expert Member
I received a text yesterday that said you will receive 1 free minute for every 2 minutes someone calls you from Vodacom or MTN.

Big whoop! Looks like AKCs approach to customer value has followed him to CellC (not that this has anything to do with him yet).

Seriously though, I think it's time to port over to another SP again. The bonus CellC to CellC minutes worked fine for my family phones, but the CellC coverage was a bit dodgy for Whatsapp (and we use that a lot now). Better start figuring out which of the SPs is the new "best value".

Damn, CellC was looking so good last year!

Well you may wanna stay away from Vodacom. Have Cell C (Virgin) SIM in my phone, Vodacom SIM in my laptop. Get much better data coverage on the Cell C network, at least in the Cape. And my work requires me to drive all over the place, so I've tested this quite thoroughly.

Tygga

Well, here in my area we don't have Cell C 3G network so I rely on Vodacom when I need a faster broadband. I have both Vodacom and Cell C SIM cards.

Dups!

Expert Member
This is going to be worse than the outgoing 'Woza whenever'. The fact that they are saying the old 'Woza whenever' is coming to an end means that they are likely to tone things down. I can see Cell C giving their prepaid users halve the minutes they used to.

Think of the way they handled their data promotions, things got worse than before. I hope I am wrong cause the current 'Woza whenever' minutes are what brought Cell C a lot of prepaid customers despite their pathetic network coverage.

Let's see, maybe they'll surprise us but I won't hold my breath.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi All

There will be great promos in the next up coming month.
Alan has finally started as of Monday morning.
I have been in a few discussions of upcoming promos,
I can assure you Alan approach to Customer input is valued high.
Had a big meeting with all of the social media department,
And trust me he is very interested in customer input.

Regards
~AM~

Dups!

Expert Member
Thanks for the input/feedback, Armando!

In that case, I am looking forward to the promos.

Dean01

Yeah, Armando, how about fixing data roaming on vodacom as a start :(

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Yeah, Armando, how about fixing data roaming on vodacom as a start :(

HI

They are working on it, even called a few people to assist with running tests.
They are working on it around clock.

REgards
~AM~

jxharding

Expert Member
hopefully some 5gig a month data promos again :)
im definitely porting to cell c end of the year - cape town and vodacom just dont work together - not in the northern or southern suburbs. Im fed up with GPRS/GMS 90% of the time

d0b33

Honorary Master
Hi All

There will be great promos in the next up coming month.
Alan has finally started as of Monday morning.
I have been in a few discussions of upcoming promos,
I can assure you Alan approach to Customer input is valued high.
Had a big meeting with all of the social media department,
And trust me he is very interested in customer input.

Regards
~AM~

Tell him we value big data at great prices ;)

surfs-up

Expert Member
If Cell C can be innovative like they was with Lars, then they will get me back as a customer. The last of my three 5GB Cell C deals expires in June. I have moved my other two lines across to 8ta while I watch Cell C's next move.....

zizebra

My contract expires july, so iam watching them like a hawk. I just hope they will come up with some magical deals

Sent from my BlackBerry

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
HI All

I will pass these request to him.
If you have been following his interview, you will see he said along the lines.
Data is a BIG part of the Cellular industry and moving forward.

Regards
~AM~

RVD

Hi AM

As a loyal CellC user, I have also been following developments with a keen interest. If I understand your statements correctly, these "specials" will only be announced in May? Many of the stores (e.g. Makro) have CellC brochures valid till end of March. Does this mean that there will be no specials in the month of April?