Upcoming HTC Touch XD to make the HD look 'pale' in comparison

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Maybe this has been posted before, but anyway, rumours of the
upcoming Touch XD (eXcellent Device):
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=1292

We have no pictures and no specifications, just a few throw-away comments, but this rumour is too tasty not to pass on.

First we have HTC’s twitter spokesman promising that “we do have other cool stuff coming”

Next we have this comment, made in a Mobile-Review review of the 8 megapixel Samsung Pixon.

“All in all, I will be really interest to see how the next phone in this line-up (say, Samsung M9900) will fare against HTC’s top-of-the-line Windows Mobile offering (let’s call it XD - eXcellent Device). Before we move on to the final part of this review, let me spill some beans about what that XD phone will look like - in fact, the Touch HD they announced the other day is nothing but a pale shadow of what the XD will be, you could even call it a mere prototype of the upcoming HTC XD. What can I say, the year of 2009 will see a lot of sudden turns and twists.”
Maybe they can employ Sharp corporation's excellent 1024by480 dual touch Aqous screen technology in the bugger.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Mmmm. Tantalizing.
More evidence that 2009 is going to be an expensive year for gizmo-freaks.

Probably HTC's first WM7 device.
Same form factor as HD.
Amazing display. Decent speaker(s).
3.5mm audio jack.
Video out.
Hopefully TV reception.
Plus all the usual hi-end goodies like GPS, wifi, acceleromoter, etc.

Last edited:

sand_man

Honorary Master
Mmmm. Tantalizing.
More evidence that 2009 is going to be an expensive year for gizmo-freaks.
+1, the one thing almost impossible to keep up with is tech... Yet us suckers persist in attempting to..