[Update^2] All-day stage 3 load-shedding until 16:00 on Thursday, 14 December 2023 - except on Tuesday

mylesillidge

Journalist
Eskom alters load-shedding plans again — reduces power cuts for 9 hours

Eskom has announced that it will reduce load-shedding to stage 2 from 07:00 until 16:00 on Tuesday, 12 December 2023.

The state-owned power utility said this is due to sustained generation capacity improvement and adequate emergency reserves.

---

Eskom reduces planned power cuts

Eskom says it will implement all-day stage 3 load-shedding until Thursday afternoon thanks to improvements in available generation capacity.

The state-owned power utility had initially planned to implement an alternating schedule of stage 3 and stage 4 load-shedding this week.

---

Eskom extends load-shedding break — here is the new timetable

Eskom has announced that load-shedding will remain suspended until 05:00 on Monday, 11 December 2023.

Thereafter, it will implement a rotation of Stage 3 load-shedding during the daylight hours and Stage 4 load-shedding overnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
“I spoke to the team and said we have learnt from the mistakes and shortcomings relating to unit 1.”

hqdefault.jpg

Eskom reduces planned power cuts

Eskom says it will implement all-day stage 3 load-shedding until Thursday afternoon thanks to improvements in available generation capacity.

The state-owned power utility had initially planned to implement an alternating schedule of stage 3 and stage 4 load-shedding this week.

Yeah but like last year sometime
Last time I remember anything close to 7GW happening was with de Ruyter when he was starting his "we'll maintain more so we improve EAF" adventure. Even then though I thought it was only upper 6GW range, not into 7GW.

Cassim making sure he delivers a well oiled Eskom to the incoming CEO.

“I spoke to the team and said we have learnt from the mistakes and shortcomings relating to unit 1.”

View attachment 1632063
4bhjpk.jpg

LOL 1.jpg

"attributed the scale-down in power cuts to lower demand and a further improvement in generation capacity."

Let that river of diesel money keep flowing, baby!
Glug glug glug

1702376160735.png

Back