UPDATE: Fibre in Glenwood, Berea and Bulwer (Durban)

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Will do some testing later we have some projects in the works but mostly gaming related and latency focused.

Single threaded isn't a large priority for pretty much, but, there are some tweaks we can try if you are interested.
Don't worry, I get linespeed if I download international so all's good. Even better is that most services these days are local so I don't even find myself doing that very often.

KillerOnDrugX

I noticed Openserve vehicles and some trenching going on opposite the Glenwood Village, I believe on Che Guevara Road. Are they doing the fibre trenching or what is it?

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

KillerOnDrugX

Just hearing some issues isn't great. Of course not everyone has it which is good for you guys that aren't. Besides, the pricing for Openserve is a bit better especially as a student. And let's not talk about metro still not activating me which according to them is at least a month away.

Mind me asking around which area you guys are in, in Glenwood? Assuming that matter with the outages.

MASTERRRCHIEF

Just hearing some issues isn't great. Of course not everyone has it which is good for you guys that aren't. Besides, the pricing for Openserve is a bit better especially as a student. And let's not talk about metro still not activating me which according to them is at least a month away.

Mind me asking around which area you guys are in, in Glenwood? Assuming that matter with the outages.
So I'm kind of more Bulwer, stones throw from Berea Centre.

wingnut771

Honorary Master

I'm at the top of the hill near the university tower up the road from Tommy's/Fulham bakery.

Vorastra

Executive Member
On that note about issues, can someone try download this. It's VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) data.
It's downloading poen slow for me.

Like 2.6mbps.

There's a captcha verification thingy.

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
On that note about issues, can someone try download this. It's VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) data.
It's downloading poen slow for me.

Like 2.6mbps.

There's a captcha verification thingy.

Checking that, its more of a server issue than your side. Download connection is dying at around 60KB/s Max, managed to mess around on our home server and push it to max 256KB/s and that's as fast as it will ever go.

Shouldn't take long to download, can throw it on a dropbox or something should you really need it.
Haven't had any issues so far, I play alot of esports titles and the connection has been S-tier the whole weekend. Speeds as advertised. Can't see Openserve being any better but, I get it, you have a preference which is all good
Glad to hear!
Internet just died again.
Just checked and didn't see anything in the logs, what time did you drop?

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Just checked and didn't see anything in the logs, what time did you drop?
I posted as soon as it happened so around 15:12, came back 10 mins later. I don't have any logs I can refer to, or at least I don't know how to access them on a edgerouterx.