eg2505

Honorary Master
round and round we go, where it stops nobody knows,
but guessing as its the ANC, lets keep spinning the lockdown wheel till the wheels fall off literally.

you got what you expected people, you vote ANC, here we all sit.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Lockdown to be relaxed in South Africa — with fewer alcohol restrictions

South Africa’s government is preparing to ease restrictions that were imposed to curb the spread of the coronavirus after a sustained slowdown in new infections.

Larger public gatherings are likely to be permitted, making it easier for political parties to campaign for upcoming municipal elections, according to two people with knowledge of the deliberations within government, who asked not to be identified because the information isn’t public. Alcohol trading hours are set to be extended and a night time curfew will probably be shortened, they said.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Problem with curfew is that any regular night life is dead for nearly 2 years now and completely since curfew even if the lockdown suggest life can resume somewhat normally.

Social life non existing without being able to just go out at night for few drinks , some pool or whatever. Any form of interaction with real people that you are used to meeting up with is gone.

The idea that most people is perfectly fine to start drinking before the sun goes down is so flawed, no idea how the thousands of bars will remain open for much longer assuming most having shut down permanently yet.

You got it wrong Bud, if I check the patrons of the Pub and Grill, on the opposite corner to my work, people start drinking around 10:00. Patrons then start increasing steadily until around 13:00. The numbers then stay fairly static until I leave at 16:00. No idea how the pattern develops there after.

This is every single day of the week. Often wonder if these folk do their daily business from the pub. Or are they fortunate enough to not work and they can afford to booze 10-12 hours a day.

I dunno ...

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Lockdown to be relaxed in South Africa — with fewer alcohol restrictions

South Africa’s government is preparing to ease restrictions that were imposed to curb the spread of the coronavirus after a sustained slowdown in new infections.

Larger public gatherings are likely to be permitted, making it easier for political parties to campaign for upcoming municipal elections, according to two people with knowledge of the deliberations within government, who asked not to be identified because the information isn’t public. Alcohol trading hours are set to be extended and a night time curfew will probably be shortened, they said.
Finally the real reason.
It's not about the people, it's all about the ANC.

John Tempus

Executive Member
You got it wrong Bud, if I check the patrons of the Pub and Grill, on the opposite corner to my work, people start drinking around 10:00. Patrons then start increasing steadily until around 13:00. The numbers then stay fairly static until I leave at 16:00. No idea how the pattern develops there after.

This is every single day of the week. Often wonder if these folk do their daily business from the pub. Or are they fortunate enough to not work and they can afford to booze 10-12 hours a day.

I dunno ...

Right, but that is not the vast majority of people.

Some people will always drink from morning to night but I am not talking about the minority. The majority of us have to work sober and then at night want to let loose and chill out with a drink.

I know the places I used to visit before the chinese virus hit made their vast majority of money from 8pm-2am, rest of the day is just the few local alcoholics or no one there at all.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Can someone explain the effect of curfew on cases please? Like how does it significantly reduce cases?

The affect on cases would be due to less drunken no-distance maintained socializing, there is definitely less of that going on. The roads are vrek quiet when I patrol after midnight on a Saturday or Sunday morning, There will definitely be less serious car crashes during that time thus. I recall like something like 25% of all fatal crashes occur from 21:00 to 5:00.