Little Mac

Honorary Master
Wait... 250 at a wedding is OK but only 50 at a funeral? Did I understand correctly?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
This whole “no bottle stores on the weekends” thing is a way to drive business to shebeens.
true that, last week Thursday I made the mistake of going to the liquor store, queues at every till ...

and while waiting to pay I could spy a number of customers buying so much booze they either had the mother of all parties planned for the weekend ... or, more likely, we're stocking up for resale over the weekend

good business sense those dudes

Reactions: 3WA

Sapphiron

Expert Member
So if I understand it correctly booze is the main culprit of CV in SA? (LOL). So nobody in SA has marched or thrown stones, burnt places because of the LD, possible mandatory vax's and mask mandate? In Europe the people are putting HUGE pressure on Gov's with mandatory vax's etc. Just asking.
Alcohol is just one of the main reasons why so many people lost control and did something stupid.

Covid just got added to the list of alcohol abuse casualties along with drunk driving, drunk pedestrian, drunk stabbing and drunk shooting.

Government just messed up how they should have handled alcohol. Ban serving more than one drink per customer would have been more effective in theory. But we know they can never enforce any of the rules they make, so they went after soft targets instead.

Dan C

Honorary Master
There are some liquor stores that sell stuff that I cannot find in my area and I cannot get there during working hours. Must I take the day off to get there? I'm so over this ****.
Order from Takealot :p

airborne

Honorary Master
"the" :cautious:. Sometimes I really wonder where these highly [qualified] "journalists" come from ? "the Africa" or "the other planet" ? most of their material is copy/paste,even the mistakes are not edited. I have been reading MyBB since 2004, and their journalists are NOT good; or is it the "editors" fault? Nobody seems to proof read.
I've seen journalists complain they plagiarize content and just "rewrite" articles, with very seldom any attribution.

That's on articles that they clearly did not author using their own sources so without any attribution where did they get the reprint rights from.

Tman*

Expert Member
When are we expecting the 4th wave?

Last edited: