Updated: Possible coronavirus drug identified (Ivermectin)

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Now now, I ignored you because my IQ had to keep lowering to your level.

That's a think tank and I am sure the relevant authorities whose jobs it is to test and approve medications for us (and couch docs like you) will take that into account very seriously.

Remember, if you can, I at no stage said this drug was of no use. I was just of the opinion it would become more relevant once tested and passed. At no stage have I taken one side, and only one side. I have acknowledged both sides.

You, unfortunately, failed to comprehend that. Anyways Gerry, go Google some more.

zolly

Expert Member
Pretty useless posting the December SAHPRA ruling now without posting the back pedalling that SAHPRA published on the 6th January as well. Especially if used as you are doing to justify a personal attack on someone, just because you and your two cohorts can't understand the English language.

Is it legal to import it? Because nothing you mention has anything to do with SAHPRA changing that.

Also, my "personal attacks" are based on his ridiculous arguments and some of the other rubbish (not related to IV content) he's posted. My telling him to be careful suggesting that people import it when it is illegal to do so is far from an attempt at justifying my views on the rest of his nonsense (which isn't about IV btw, which I think will be legalised sooner rather than later, but rather his inability to admit he spoke poorly and lost an argument as a result). And my views were quite civil until he went on about victimhood and racism and being someone's bitch.

Last edited:

Gerry

Is it legal to import it?

Also, my "personal attacks" are based on his ridiculous arguments and some of the other rubbish he's posted. My telling him to be careful suggesting that people import it when it is illegal to do so is far from an attempt at justifying my views on the rest of his nonsense (which isn't about IV btw, which I think will be legalised sooner rather than later, but rather his inability to admit he spoke poorly and lost an argument as a result). And my views were quite civil until he went on about victimhood and racism and being someone's bitch.
What do you want me to admit ?
lets get it over and done with so you can stop feeling like a victim

zolly

Expert Member
What do you want me to admit ?
lets get it over and done with so you can stop feeling like a victim

I've already pointed it out to you, so I think it's easier just to add you to my ignore list. This "victim" has nothing to gain from engaging any further with someone like you.

Gerry

I've already pointed it out to you, so I think it's easier just to add you to my ignore list. This "victim" has nothing to gain from engaging any further with someone like you.
Wow, you have stood up for yourself. That makes sense. Thats cool

JohnStarr

Expert Member
zolly: ignore the couch docs. They're trying hard to be insulting or sarcastic (both epic fails). It's easier to do that than lower yourself to a level as low as them.

Gerry

zolly: ignore the couch docs. They're trying hard to be insulting or sarcastic (both epic fails). It's easier to do that than lower yourself to a level as low as them.
yea listen to your friend, you and zolly are like a dog that keeps
humping my leg expecting a handjob. It's not working, go hump
something that is more sensitive to your needs.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
On the contrary, it is for us to think about lowering ourselves to your levels.

PS: have you bothered to acknowledge the references I posted regarding the use of Ivermectin as an anti-viral?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Is it legal to import it? Because nothing you mention has anything to do with SAHPRA changing that. Snip.

The Medicines Act is an extremely complicated document to read and understand.
[Some of the worst legalese I have ever encountered].

But one thing is pretty clear, that there is NOTHING that stops anyone from importing a substance registered under the Act for personal use. You are only in contravention IF you import for the purposes of "sale" as defined in the Act, the definition of which is broader than the normal meaning of the word "sale".

Last edited:

zolly

Expert Member
The Medicines Act is an extremely complicated document to read and understand.
[Some of the worst legalese I have ever encountered].

But one thing is pretty clear, that there is NOTHING that stops anyone from importing a substance registered under the Act for personal use. You are only in contravention IF you import for the purposes of "sale" as defined in the Act, the definition of which is broader than the normal meaning of the word "sale".

Took me less than 5 minutes to find otherwise from multiple other sources, so you might want to be careful:

Edit. Sorry, copied and pasted the wrong section.

LEGAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IMPORTATION OREXPORTATION OF MEDICINES OR SCHEDULED SUBSTANCES

ORDERING MEDICINES FROM ABROAD

No person shall order any medicine from abroad for personal use unless the Authorityhas granted the said person an authorization in terms of section 21 of the Act to import during a specified period a specified quantity of the particular medicine, which is not registered with Council.Purchasing a medication from an illegal Website or supplier puts you at risk. You may receivea contaminated, counterfeit or substandard product. Taking an unsafe or inappropriate medication puts you at risk for dangerous drug interactions and other serious health consequences

Older documentation:

LEGAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IMPORTATION OR EXPORTATION OF MEDICINES OR SCHEDULED SUBSTANCES 2.1 ORDERING MEDICINES FROM ABROAD

No person shall order any medicine from.abroad for personal use unless the Medicines Control Council has granted the said person an authorization in terms of section 21 of the Act to import during a specified period a specified quantity of the particular medicine, which is not registered with Council. Purchasing a medication from an illegal Website or supplier puts you at risk. You may receive a contanlinated, counterfeit or substandard product. Taking an unsafe or inappropriate medication puts you at risk for dangerous drug interactions and other serious health consequences.

2.1 ORDERING MEDICINES FROM ABROAD
No person shall order any medicine from abroad for personal use unless the Medicines Control Council has granted the said person an authorization in terms of section 21 of the Act to import during a specified period a specified quantity of the particular medicine, which is not registered with Council.
Purchasing a medication from an illegal Website or supplier puts you at risk. You may receive a contaminated, counterfeit or substandard product. Taking an unsafe or inappropriate medication puts you at risk for dangerous drug interactions and other serious health consequences.

Last edited: