Updated: Possible coronavirus drug identified (Ivermectin)

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So what is SAHPRO on about? IF the drug works, why don't they set up a trial in SA instead of the heavy-handed approach?

And to those on this thread who have just written this off as fake news, have you bothered to look at how many human ailments the drug is already used for in SA?

Supposedly 3.7 billion doses of ivermectin administered worldwide since 1987, over 60% of Sub-Saharan Africa takes it on a yearly basis.

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Yeah, as has been noted on the thread, banned in S.A., illegal to import, illegal to recommend.

Tyrannical world we are moving into.

At Vlad Tepes we have posted extensively on HCQ and even other medications that evidence indicates will help with Covid 19. It has been our outrageous theory that these medications become unavailable, restricted, illegal and banned despite being old and safe medications that are proven safe, certainly when monitored during use, precisely because it DOES work for Covid, and its wide availability would end the crisis across the developed world.

We have also posted evidence as presented to various US congressional or Senate committees on the use of Ivermectin for Covid.

Now its banned from import in South Africa.
Ivermectin now banned in South Africa – Vlad Tepes (vladtepesblog.com)

The Trutherizer

Executive Member
The problem with Invermectin is entirely that it is a dangerous medicine that people should not use to self-medicate. And that it is commonly available.
I mean heck. It's used for the treatment of scabies. Topically one should stress. It is quite poisonous.
It's been around since the 70s.

People who self-medicate and swallow this stuff stand a good chance of experiencing suppression of the central nervous system and ataxia.
You don't want to experience suppression of the central nervous system and ataxia :cautious:

neoprema

Executive Member
It has to be tested properly before it can be approved in ZA.
Also, they have to make sure the gravy train is properly setup to pour into their mouths by controlling imports and sales in case the private sector gets hold of it for mass and easy distribution.

neoprema

Executive Member
The problem with Invermectin is entirely that it is a dangerous medicine that people should not use to self-medicate. And that it is commonly available.
I mean heck. It's used for the treatment of scabies. Topically one should stress. It is quite poisonous.

People who self-medicate and swallow this stuff stand a good chance of experiencing suppression of the central nervous system and ataxia.
You don't want to experience suppression of the central nervous system and ataxia :cautious:
I think the problem is when faced with “this pill could kill you” vs “you’ll probably die of covid-19” you may find some people weigh the risk the other way. Fact is we need to wait for proper testing, distribution or even an entirely new drug based off this one.!

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Yeah, as has been noted on the thread, banned in S.A., illegal to import, illegal to recommend.

Tyrannical world we are moving into.

Ivermectin now banned in South Africa – Vlad Tepes (vladtepesblog.com)
That looks like conspiracy, do note the main issue is that people got desperate and started taking the veterinary version.
A correspondent has sent me anecdotal reports from South America of people seeing efficacy with Ivermectin, but (as is usual with anecdotal reports) I don’t know what to make of those, either. At the normal doses of the drug (which is what those reports were doing, or perhaps 2x to 3x), it’s hard to see how any activity it might show would relate to the Monash study at all. I’m willing to wait to see some more controlled clinical data, but this really does look like the proverbial shot in the proverbial dark to me. I still have some hopes for repurposed drugs against the coronavirus, but not really in this case.

Update: see here for more on Ivermectin PK as regards coronavirus therapy.

Update: as per the comments, there’s work showing that Ivermectin apparently inhibits the actual of a different class of viruses based on inhibition of protein import into the nucleus. Could that be what’s going on here? Such a mechanism has been considered for antiviral therapy, but it’s in early stages of work.

Update: there is a report, using data from a company that has a real-time hospitalization database, of a retrospective matched-control set of coronavirus patients receiving Ivermectin versus those that did not. This analysis showed a pronounced effect in favor of Ivermectin, which is quite interesting. If this is real, it should definitely show in the other trials that are underway. More on this as data come in. . .Update: this company’s data-handling techniques have come under fire, and the report mentioned has been taken down, reasons unexplained.

That links to here:
Update, and this one needs to be at the top of the page. As you will see from the additions to this post, the entire Surgisphere story has collapsed. None of their papers can now be regarded as valid – vide infra.

So we have a very strange situation with some recent publications, one that deserves a closer look. The ones I refer to are the recent Lancet retrospective study on hydroxychloroquine use (blogged about here), one of the hospital data studies on the effect of anti-angiotensin therapies on the outcomes of coronavirus patients, and a preprint about the use of Ivermectin against the coronavirus (mentioned at the end of this blog post). All three of these rely on a large amount of multihospital patient data from a company called Surgisphere. Update: the Lancet now has an Expression of Concern out too. Update II: it’s more than that – the NEJM anti-angiotensin paper has now been retracted and so has the Lancet one – see below,
So this entire discussion is moot in the end, since there are no clinical trials yet that have confirmed it actually being useful.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

But when prescribed by a doctor?

The population in SSA that routinely take this already? Are they all suffering from Ataxia and suppression of the nervous system?

If our lot don't do something soon, the population IS going to take matters into their own hands!

Sure, it might not be a preventative measure and dangerous for that reason.

PS: Looked in our cupboard and found some which was prescribed by a vet for one of our dogs. And Lo and behold, hiding in the corner of our medicine cabinet an expired bottle of tablets of this prescribed for one of our kids!

Johnatan56

Honorary Master

The population in SSA that routinely take this already? re they all suffering from Ataxia and suppression of the nervous system?

If our lot don't do something soon, the population IS going to take matters into their own hands!

Think there is no point in most of South Africa taking it, don't think roundworms are as common an issue here as e.g. Congo: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28655684/
As in I am sure there are other meds currently in use that are working fine.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master

Re: scabies,
In an observational study, an old age home in France treated with ivermectin for scabies, only one occupant needed oxygen, and these were all high risk individuals.

The Trutherizer

Executive Member
I think the problem is when faced with “this pill could kill you” vs “you’ll probably die of covid-19” you may find some people weigh the risk the other way. Fact is we need to wait for proper testing, distribution or even an entirely new drug based off this one.!
yeah sure. of course. But the disease still give you a pretty good chance. Using this pre-emptively is foolhardy.

The Trutherizer

Executive Member

The population in SSA that routinely take this already? Are they all suffering from Ataxia and suppression of the nervous system?

PS: Looked in our cupboard and found some which was prescribed by a vet for one of our dogs. And Lo and behold, hiding in the corner of our medicine cabinet an expired bottle of tablets of this prescribed for one of our kids!
Yep. It's pretty commonly available.

Jake45

Expert Member
If anybody is interested in Ivermectin, these two YouTube video interviews with Professor Paul Marik (ex SA doctor) explain his I-MASK+ protocol for treating Covid-19 which includes Ivermectin and several vitamins and minerals etc. He has some very interesting information regarding the early treatment of Covid-19 to prevent serious disease.

HS2000

Hello guys, I want to share my experience with you.

I wish our health sector would wake up & listen.

II am being treated by a rheumatologist. I am currently on Plasmaquin, it is chloroquine sulfate.

Anyway, I found out about Dr Zelenko's protocol.

Im on Plasmaquin, so decided to take zinc anyway.

II have traveled between joburg and Cape Town frequently and didn't contract the virus.

My mom got covid and I only had a few zinc tablets left. So I gave them to her.

Once I stopped the zinc, i had symptoms and tested positive.

I started taking chloroquine with zinc again. My chest was heavy for the first 2days.Then my chest slowly improved a little. It felt like it was leaving my chest.

I am still coughing a bit but its manageable.

You don't have to believe me but chloroquine works. I have nothing to gain.

The medical industry intentionally made chloroquine seem dangerous & ineffective.

Zinc was not used in some of these trials.

Take Quercetin & zinc. It works in a similar manner to chloroquine.

Use zinc chelate. Thats what i used and seems to be absorbed well.

Medical professionals should be on chloroquine + zinc till the vaccine arrives.

Btw you have to take the chloroquine +zinc asap. I took it day 1 of symptoms.

HS2000

So what is SAHPRO on about? IF the drug works, why don't they set up a trial in SA instead of the heavy-handed approach?

And to those on this thread who have just written this off as fake news, have you bothered to look at how many human ailments the drug is already used for in SA?
It is all political red tape and bullshit.

They are basically waiting for WHO to tell them to use it.

Last edited:

HS2000

Your conspiracy theory roots are showing.
Its not so much a conspiracy theory.

I have noticed a trend in SA.

Drs don't like thinking for themselves. They do not have an enquiring mind.

Especially drs in SA

They wait to be told how to think. That is how we ended up here in the first place.

I have noticed that the Drs here have a hardon for the world health organization. Whatever Who says is the gospel. No questions asked.

Who has been wishy washy & inconsistent from the beginning.

While other countries were telling us to use masks, WHO didn't have a stance on it.

New Zealand saw this coming a mile away & was proactive.

Our borders should have been closed in February 2020.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

Especially drs in SA

They wait to be told how to think. That is how we ended up here in the first place.

I have noticed that the Drs here have a hardon for the world health organization. Whatever Who says is the gospel. No questions asked.

While other countries were telling us to use masks, WHO didn't have a stance on it.

Pretty much and it's not only the Dr's, members of the public waiting with baited breath on the whims of WHO.

doodlesZHS

Especially drs in SA

It is silly to suggest Drs don't have an inquiring mind,they have to keep up to date with the latest medicines and treatments coming out and apply that to their daily practice, they do have to follow the latest guidelines,keep in line with the medicines act and its general regulations and always consider risk versus benefit.

To expect Drs to prescribe plasmoquine for covid-19 is not best practice as it is not an approved use and the risks ie the side effect profile outweigh the questionable potential benefit.

By using plasmoquine en masse also create a supply shortage such as earlier in the year when patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and systemic/discoid lupus erythematous could not get their meds.

Keep in mind there is for example a hard limit on the lifetime use of chloroquine of not more than 100 gram due to permanent ocular damage it can cause.