Upgrade DStv Compact to Compact Plus for R95 per month

d0b33

Honorary Master
And here I am watching BBC World News on OVHD for free :D

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Nah DStv is losing it completely, by ripping off it's customers like this. Why not give those customers a free upgrade to that package, as it's hardly that much different. Instead you asking them to pay an additional R95. These people probably can only afford that, so why ask them to upgrade for a few additional things on the Plus.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Nah DStv is losing it completely, by ripping off it's customers like this. Why not give those customers a free upgrade to that package, as it's hardly that much different. Instead you asking them to pay an additional R95. These people probably can only afford that, so why ask them to upgrade for a few additional things on the Plus.

It's a R95 rand difference, and it's not a few additional things on the plus, it's value for money extra channels.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Really? Okay :D

I don't know how things have changed now but the reason I upgraded some time ago when it was still dstv compact and extra was that amongst others, the compact did not have the Comedy Central, History some couple SS channels.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
These morons think people are fkng stupid.
It's basically Compact Plus at a paltry discount of R30.

Why not offer it like this and see how many upgrade?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Enticing people with the charms of a higher priced package works, open it over weekends for the whole month and then wait for the subscribers to sign up.

Swa

Honorary Master
Really? Okay :D
He is correct. Compact only gets the crap so is not worth paying for unless you're only into soccer. C+ (used to be Extra) get the good channels thrown in. Of course Premium gets even more but that's besides the point.

These morons think people are fkng stupid.
It's basically Compact Plus at a paltry discount of R30.

Why not offer it like this and see how many upgrade?
Exactly, R29 less than you would pay if you are already on C+. What about loyalty to loyal subscribers? What if I downgrade over the weekend, can I still get the discount if I upgrade in my next billing cycle? Just give the bloody discount to everyone and see if it increases subscriber numbers and revenue.

Tolaekat

according to dstv Durban(Thabiso Molefe) they are not aware of this special.how is it possible that the ceo says one thing and the rest of the company knows nothing...MAKES NO SENSE...:mad:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
according to dstv Durban(Thabiso Molefe) they are not aware of this special.how is it possible that the ceo says one thing and the rest of the company knows nothing...MAKES NO SENSE...:mad:

IT support desks and other customer support environments are often the last to find out about such big changes... I hate it!