Upgraded to 100mb fibre at telkom.

Getsuga

Hi, I upgraded to Fibre 100*(100 down,50up) on Telkom and I had a 10MB(10 down, 1up) uncapped adsl. Yesterday the fibre line was installed and the technician said wait 7 hours for the speed to get to max.

Now my problem is its been more than a day and its still stuck at 10MB(10 down,10up).

Any idea what I can do to actually get on my new package?
Let me know what you did when upgrading to fibre from adsl.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Phone them.
As simplistic as this answer was, it would be the best course of action. When I had 40mb / 20mb Openserve fibre, in the beginning my upload would be 1mb which was the max of my 12mb ADSL I had before I got fibre. They simply adjusted my profile to reflect the new upload speed. You can phone them, or contact Telkom via Facebook or Twitter to get the problem escalated. Sometimes using their social media channels can be quicker than phoning them ;)

Getsuga

Thanks allot for the reply's, I phoned them and the guy said ok, its fixed and he stopped the call, did not fix it so i called again and got another nice guy who did the "same" thing but it looks like he actually got it right.

Thanks you.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
What I want to know is how you got Telkom to migrate you from ADSL to Fiber and have them actually cancel your ADSL billing.
I received an ADSL bill for the month of February, but cancelled/migrated in late January. Phoning them is a pain in the ass - I wait for 15 minutes/30 minutes/24 minutes... everytime I have to hang up as I have other work to do than sit on line waiting for some farker to answer. They have horrible customer service. And when contacting them on the online chat they keep referring you back to 10213. :mad:
I also sent messages on Facebook but never received a reply. I don't have Twitter. Is it worth the hassle of installing just to contact TElkom?

I also need Telkom to cover my Fiber installation - as the option I took was supposed to cover Vuma fiber installation as well as the router. But so far no luck.

genetic

Honorary Master
What I want to know is how you got Telkom to migrate you from ADSL to Fiber and have them actually cancel your ADSL billing.
The billing on ADSL and fibre is exactly the same. They will migrate you, but the billing remains exactly the same.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Hopefully no double billing. They connected my fiber (but migration process is still pending according to 10213) and my adsl is still active too. I will give them hell if they charge me for both services.

genetic

Honorary Master
Hopefully no double billing. They connected my fiber (but migration process is still pending according to 10213) and my adsl is still active too. I will give them hell if they charge me for both services.
I never had that. Your ADSL becomes fibre. They don't keep both active.