Upgrading matric with N3 course

B_Jive

Hello everyone

I've done matric a very long time ago & have been applying to study at unisa for a very long time without any success.. Unisa once asked me submit an M30 form(an exemption application form), but after having received the form they never contacted me. Maybe my application doesn't succeed because I only got 45% in Maths(HG), I'm confused ... So I think I should do Maths N3 but I don't know if it is still available @ fet colleges, or if it's still recognized by the department of education.
I NEED YOUR ADVICES
Where can I do N3 in Vaal-Triangle or Johannesburg?
Is N3 course still available & credible?
Is it possible to combine N3 certificate & matric certificate into one certificate?

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
You could do the UNISA maths bridging module MAT011.

Also UNISA admin is terrible due to huge surge in students over the last 2 years. You need to go in personally into a UNISA campus and speak with them.

Its also important to get your UNISA student number with AB4R applications: http://applications.unisa.ac.za/
Note the dates else you need to wait till next year.

B_Jive

cbrunsdonza, I had already received a student number... I just don't know what went wrong from there. I'll consider your advice and go there myself

geezer, I guess Sedibeng College would be the only option left if unisa doesn't accept me.

So far I've only managed to get ocajp 7, & preparing myself ocpjp 7. But we all know that without a degree or diploma, I'm not gonna get anywhere... It really frustrates

Bokkie_

Expert Member
I agree, go in yourself and get things sorted face to face.
Also.... based on a certain age you could get in as well... don't know what the detail is though...

B_Jive

I agree, go in yourself and get things sorted face to face.
Also.... based on a certain age you could get in as well... don't know what the detail is though...
I thought things would go smoothly since I'm way older than 23 :confused:
:confused:

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
If you're looking to join a science based course like Engineering then last i saw an N3 with 60% for Maths and Science is fine. Just double check this because they change the % all the time, it used to be 50%. You can get it done at an FET and you should be able to go straight to an N3 Maths because you did HG in highschool, it should also take a quadmester to complete.

B_Jive

If you're looking to join a science based course like Engineering then last i saw an N3 with 60% for Maths and Science is fine. Just double check this because they change the % all the time, it used to be 50%. You can get it done at an FET and you should be able to go straight to an N3 Maths because you did HG in highschool, it should also take a quadmester to complete.
I actually want to do Bsc in Computing & from what I've seen unisa wants 50% on maths. I got 45%, the thought of having to attend college with a bunch of kids irritates me.

nas1234

What is the igcse core mathematics equivalent to in SA? Because I know AS level maths is pure maths only and matric equivalent but a bit higher?

nas1234

Why don't you be awesome and do an AS or A level in Mathematics?

AS level > Matric Maths
A level ~ University Maths

http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-an...ridge-international-as-and-a-levels/subjects/

http://www.britishcouncil.org.za/exam/school/register/private

Exams in may/june and oct/nov usually.
What is the igcse core mathematics equivalent in SA ? I know AS level maths is pure maths and equivalent to matric but a bit higher and they dont have maths lit really

Good day.
I do not know if this comment is late, but Technical Matric N3 is still one of the ways you can choose to complete your old syllabus matric. By old syllabus Matric we mean matric that was written 2007 going backwards.

Umalusi the certification body has allowed Technical subjects also called Engineering subjects under N3 to be added to incomplete old syllabus. This then allows you to have your complete matric.

Since your challenge is to get accepted at Unisa, the best way is first to ask them if doing N3 Mathematics will help in geting you a better score. From my experience they do allow that however this depends on the course you want to take and the level of Maths it requires. Some of the courses require N4 Mathematics instead of N3 maths.

N3 courses are still the best way to complete your matric certificate and do not hesitate to inquire more information should you want to complete your matric.

You can find more information on N3 course. Please click here

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Good day.
I do not know if this comment is late, but Technical Matric N3 is still one of the ways you can choose to complete your old syllabus matric. By old syllabus Matric we mean matric that was written 2007 going backwards.

Umalusi the certification body has allowed Technical subjects also called Engineering subjects under N3 to be added to incomplete old syllabus. This then allows you to have your complete matric.

Since your challenge is to get accepted at Unisa, the best way is first to ask them if doing N3 Mathematics will help in geting you a better score. From my experience they do allow that however this depends on the course you want to take and the level of Maths it requires. Some of the courses require N4 Mathematics instead of N3 maths.

N3 courses are still the best way to complete your matric certificate and do not hesitate to inquire more information should you want to complete your matric.

You can find more information on N3 course. Please click here
Assuming you're Jennifer Pape who spammed here as well?
May I ask whom you're accredited with?