Uproar after NZ rugby commentator Joe Wheeler uses mock accent for Japanese star

Temujin

Honorary Master
First few seconds where he said "leally" instead of really.

I'm pissed that he got it wrong. You don't always swap the r and l. Asians usually say rearry. If you're going to mock, at least get it right...
Oh ffs is that it, I was waiting for something like this

SoldierMan

Executive Member
I remember not to long ago Ntini made a noise, not even a word mimicking Murathitharan's speech and nothing was made of it. Seems black people are allowed to do it. Cricket players in case anyone was wondering.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Wait are we not allowed to make fun of each other's cultures anymore now. FU liberals you really threw the baby out with the bath water didn't you. #Comedycancelled

Cray

Honorary Master
If that is what he calls humour I can see why he chose to be a rugby commentator... :X3:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I remember not to long ago Ntini made a noise, not even a word mimicking Murathitharan's speech and nothing was made of it. Seems black people are allowed to do it. Cricket players in case anyone was wondering.
Commentators and pundits do impressions from time to time. Just saying.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Commentators and pundits do impressions from time to time. Just saying.

I didn't have a problem with it but guaranteed if a white person had done it the poop would have hit the fan. Ntini refused to repeat what he said, which shows he probably thought he over stepped.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I know the feeling. The Chinese in my house goes batshit crazy when I use a fake asian accent.

RedViking

Nord of the South
First few seconds where he said "leally" instead of really.

I'm pissed that he got it wrong. You don't always swap the r and l. Asians usually say rearry. If you're going to mock, at least get it right...
Agree so much with this. It is important to get it light.