Urgent: Toyota Corolla Flasher Relay

dyllindd

Hey Guys,

My grandfather drives a 2004/5 Toyota Corolla and last week the indicators/flashers just stopped working. All the fuses are fine in all of the fuse boxes on the vehicle. We suspect it is the flasher relay, but when we took it to the "Extremely Helpful" :mad: parts department at Fury Toyota Darrenwoord, the parts guy looks at the part confused without checking anything, tells my grandfather he doesn't have stock and that it costs R1500 ex VAT for a new one. So either he is extremely intelligent and knows his inventory system off by heart or he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Judging by the fact that he was almost asleep at the counter when we arrived, does say a lot.

Does anyone know where we'll be able to purchase a new relay and an estimate of how much it costs?

Part looks like this:

Toyota flasher relay.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

catman37

Expert Member
Call McCarthy Toyota Bruma and ask for Charl. He has always been extremely helpfull when I order parts.

Sollie

Executive Member
At R1500, I'd buy a normal cannister one at Midas or like (dirt cheap), add some wires and spade connectors with a cable tie. At worst another two diodes inline. Total price <R50. :)

dyllindd

Hi Everyone,

So we set out to search for the part today but my grandparents were in an accident this morning on their way to my house with my gran's car. Luckily no one got hurt so Thank God for that. None of the shops mentioned above stocks the flasher relay. Toyota's price is sitting at R1300 and 2 days waiting time but I called some of my old mechanics buddies to see if they can source the part for me. Also where will I able to get a new front bumper, headlight, fender and windscreen washer bottle for a 2005 Corsa Lite? And what prices would I be looking at for those parts?

catman37

Expert Member
Try this place as well

Phone:011 894 7806 or 011 894 7761
Fax:086 557 1717
Email:sales@topsautospares.co.za

Physical Address:Unit 13, Middle Office Park, Dormehl Rd
(Corner Dormehl and Craig Road)
Anderbolt,
Boksburg
South Africa