Urgent! Vacuum choice

David101

I am looking at a Bosch vacuum cleaner myself, is there any reason you prefer the bagged Vaccum?
I was looking at bagless Vaccums to avoid additional costs down the road.
BTW how long does a bagged Vaccum bag last before the bag needs to be replaced?
Depends really on how much you vacuum. I do a good vacuum once a week and it lasts 2-3 months
The better brands' bag types filter way more efficient than bagless. And as I said with Bosch, Miele and perhaps some other brands you are sure that spares(bags and filters) are available in future.
I have an 3-year old LG bagged vacuum somewhere (must chuck it) that has no replacement bags available - too old to support, please rather buy one of our new models.
I also had a rather okayish Bissell. One year after purchase no spares available as newer models launched, and naturally the parts are not interchangeable

smiley-zn

Rainbow is probably one of the best but at the price of an small car. I had the Bissell upright lasted 2 years, 2nd Bissell lasted 2 years. Brushes started falling out. Both plastic wheel ( running on the plastic body) has worn down to a point that it locked up. Cant find the filters.

So decided to get the Karcher WD 3 wet and dry. the thing is a machine, huge difference in how it cleans. And price is really good.

View attachment 843619
Karcher WD3 Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
ZAR 1,299.00
Makro
I have read reviews and seen videos on the Karcher Wd3 and Wd4 and they both appear to be excellent choices.

Any thoughts on the above models as I am undecided.

Mobus

I came here because it was urgent, but left because it was really just about vacuum cleaners :laugh:

Masu

Just curious - has anyone got any experience with central vacuum cleaners? The kind where it sits outside the house (often in a basement or similar) and you pop the pipe into a duct in each room?

I like the fact that the dirty air is removed completely, and you’re less reliant on the quality and condition of the filters.
In my home in Japan I installed one when building. The collector sits underneath the stairs and each room and passage has a duct. This was done 29 years ago and is still working fine without any issues. The reason I installed this is due to me being allergic to many things ie: pollens, house dust, cats, dogs, bird etc . Due to these allergies I am also an asthmatic. Its a wonderful system but was not even aware that it was available in South Africa. In Japan houses are built differently so the duct would be in the floor and pipes run underneath the floor. Not sure how they would duct it here..

qscwbt

Expert Member
I have read reviews and seen videos on the Karcher Wd3 and Wd4 and they both appear to be excellent choices.

Any thoughts on the above models as I am undecided.
I have the WD3 and this vacuum is amazing. I can recommend the wd3

smiley-zn

I have the WD3 and this vacuum is amazing. I can recommend the wd3
I was undecided between the Wd3 and Wd4 as they are quite similar.

I am leaning towards the Wd3 as the Wd4 is about 40% more for not much additional features.

smiley-zn

Thanks all for the feedback, pulled the trigger and purchased the Karcher WD3 from loot as they where the cheapest I could find at R1150

Georgios

What accessories did you receive with your WD3? Are there various ones for carpet and tiles?