[US] Alabama’s abortion ban: How Senators voted on rape, incest exceptions; final bill

daveza

Honorary Master
The only exception in the legislation is in cases where the life of the pregnant woman is at risk.
So how do they justify this when...

This is how retard Senator Clyde Chambliss puts it:

“When God creates the miracle of life inside a woman’s womb,” he said, “it is not our place as human beings to extinguish that life.”
So sometimes you can play God and extinguish that life ?

Nobody have an answer to this ?

daveza

Honorary Master
https://mainweb-v.musc.edu/vawprevention/research/mentalimpact.shtml

The Mental Health Impact of Rape

Some mental heath problems are life threatening. When asked if they ever thought seriously about committing suicide:
  • One-third (33%) of the rape victims and 8% of the non-victims of crime said yes.
    Rape victims were 4.1 times more likely than non-crime victims to have contemplated suicide.
    Rape victims were 13 times more likely than non-crime victims to have attempted suicide (13% Vs 1%).

Now add pregnancy to that mix - perhaps by your father, uncle, brother.

daveza

Honorary Master
What happens when a pregnant mother needs chemo, carry the fetus to term ?

Emjay

Executive Member
No, I expected an answer from those who are in favour of this bill.
Who is in favour of this bill?

You are doing some mighty fine pearly clutching there and I don't think anyone is saying ban all abortions.

Jabulani22

Im thinking if rape babies are such a huge percentage that it warrants people using it to defend abortions , maybe fix the rape problem ?

Jabulani22

Mandatory castration? That's a bit harsh. At birth or after a few years?
Maybe they could try actually punishing the rapists and no early release/plea deal/etc ?
Its just so decietful when people frame this around a tiny percentage of babies that are a result of rape and say wow these old men want women to birth their rapist's babies.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Maybe they could try actually punishing the rapists and no early release/plea deal/etc ?
Its just so decietful when people frame this around a tiny percentage of babies that are a result of rape and say wow these old men want women to birth their rapist's babies.
So by changing the jail sentence, the child self aborts?

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I dont know , you would have to ask the people that argue against this bill using rape babies.
Well, that's what you're suggesting as a "fix the rape" solution. So obviously I thought you knew something we didn't.

My solution will work better, obviously. Don't see anything else that will "fix the rape"

Reactions: STS