[US] Alabama’s abortion ban: How Senators voted on rape, incest exceptions; final bill

Jabulani22

Well, that's what you're suggesting as a "fix the rape" solution. So obviously thought you knew something we didn't.
No you thought you would try be clever by a series of loaded questions and statements , fact is these people were elected to do the bidding of the people and are doing what they believe that is , apparently rape and incest babies are not a high enough percentage of overall births to be considered relevant by the people in charge.
THEY probably know something we dont.
They should actually fix the rape problem though.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
No you thought you would try be clever by a series of loaded questions and statements , fact is these people were elected to do the bidding of the people and are doing what they believe that is , apparently rape and incest babies are not a high enough percentage of overall births to be considered relevant by the people in charge.
THEY probably know something we dont.
They should actually fix the rape problem though.
And how do they fix the rape problem? Which was my initial query

Reactions: STS

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Roe vs Wade is looking very precarious right now. It's frightening.
Killing Roe v. Wade is explicitly the purpose of the bill.

https://www.thewetumpkaherald.com/news/sen-clyde-chambliss-says-abortion-bill-will-pass-senate/article_834b4b74-713d-11e9-a949-870bdb7ecfd1.html

Our Alabama House of Representatives has passed a bill that would directly challenge Roe v. Wade. It is a direct plan to challenge Roe v. Wade in the Supreme Court. I would like for you all to pray for that.”
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-abortion-bans-states-roe-wade-supreme-court-20190511-story.html

“Yes, it’s unconstitutional,” state House Rep. Terri Collins, the bill’s sponsor, said last week at a hearing. “All our pro-life bills are unconstitutional right now. That’s the goal.”
Same people that call themselves pro-Constitution.

So your father rapes and impregnates you - apart from the genetic fúp that could be born, people really expect the child to carry the fetus to term ?
Forced pregnancy is pro-freedom and pro-life, apparently.

Using rape victims as political pawns. Definitely the pro-life, Christian thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: STS

Jabulani22

And how do they fix the rape problem? Which was my initial query
I simply stated they should fix it because that is what the detractors of the bill are using to call it bad , i gave my view but others could add if they like.
And yeah that was my reply to your initial query right after you suggested castration.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Some issues to puzzle out.

https://www.al.com/reckon/2019/05/answering-the-biggest-questions-about-alabamas-abortion-ban-bill.html

When asked whether a woman would have to prove she had a miscarriage and not an abortion, Chambliss responded “the burden of proof would be on the prosecution," signaling a woman would be prosecuted and tried for miscarrying.
And how is at all coherent?

Why is an egg fertilised through IVF not subject to the same 'protection' as the fertilised egg inside a woman?

Last edited:

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
More important context:

States with the worst anti-abortion laws have the highest infant mortality rates

Of the 12 states ranked highest in infant mortality rates, all with rates of 7.0 or higher, 11 are described by the abortion rights organization NARAL as imposing “severely restricted access” on abortions.

By contrast, of the four states with the best infant mortality rates, all at 4.2 or better—California and Washington offer “strongly protected access,”
Experts have connected the dots between abortion restrictions and maternal and infant health problems.

Limits on access to legal abortions can prompt women to choose unsafe alternatives. Indeed, the reported rate of maternal deaths in Texas soared from 72 deaths per 100,000 live births in 2010 to 148 deaths per 100,000 live births in 2012, a trend that some experts attributed to the state’s closing of abortion clinics and cuts in funding for Planned Parenthood and other family planning services during the same period.

Unintended pregnancies, moreover, tend to be associated with poor health for women and their children, an unsurprising development among households with unwanted children.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Well in SA the people voted and won for an abortion of a government.......

STS

Mafia Detective
Well, that's what you're suggesting as a "fix the rape" solution. So obviously I thought you knew something we didn't.

My solution will work better, obviously. Don't see anything else that will "fix the rape"
Sounds good, voluntary castration for an abortion ban. Which men would support that bill? Surely pro-lifers?