US and NATO escalation of conflict with Russia is leading to war

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Of course I'm being keyboard warriory. But those protestors aren't. You cannot see the difference?
It's not about Russia. As always it's about alt-right rhetoric which seeks to claim itself as the new counter-culture. They are "free-thinkers" you see? Not "compliant to the current moral position" (that war is wrong) you see? They are not authoritarian (but glorify demagogues, despots and dictators) you see? Sooo alternative this lot!

Supervan II

Expert Member
"normal" people are ignorant, emotional and naive.

They don't understand why such things happen and cannot predict them because of this. Their reasoning is not to be trusted in such things.

This is not a moral judgement.... it's simple truth.
Here's a SUR (Standard Ukranian Response) for people like you:

Go **** YOURSELF, you condescending *******! :mad:

Mirai

Executive Member
The issue with Sadam goes back all the way to the Iraq/Iran war, after the Iranian revolution (that was also a US created mess). the US trumped up the regime with those weapons and then he used it on his neighbors,

Yes but at the time they had to counter Iran. We can all say someone created a mess, Russia also created messes. Cubans killed South Africans down here.

Reagan's idiotic weapons first policy. Hence my point that more weapons is idiotic.

"splinters isn't the right word here, its a Christmas tree.

you almost made me spilled my coffee.

Reagan starved out the Soviet Union. Good for him.

It's telling you are taking the Soviet Union's side. It's like taking Hitler's side. The USSR was an evil empire. It actively oppressed people. 100 million people were killed by all flavours of Communists and USSR supported all of those until their quarrel with China. Stalin you see killed too many other Communists too, so they had to let Stalinist policies go.

Mirai

Executive Member

Note how he exempts himself. He is some sort of expert and has insider information. Dumb normies are dumb, all manipulated by Western press.

Emjay

Honorary Master
Yeah, protests is to virtue signal and take a few selfies, then you can feel good about yourself and one day show your kids you were part of something.

Only the protests which follow the approved narrative are of concern.

Our resident moral inquisitor fails to realize I was an activist and lived through the consequences of my activism (which was sweet nothing except waste time, effort and money). At the end of the day, market forces and plain old capitalism was what won out.

rambo919

Honorary Master

It's my standard view of all humans.... we are inherently useless unless we do the work of improving ourselves.... and most people don't like doing work.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Since you are the "expert", can you tell us what the South African government would do in response to these protests?
Let's just keep it simple, no lofty goals but how about affirming a healthy questioning of authority in the youth? What if it wasn't asbout Russia at all, merely about the right to protest a corrupt regime? Remember freedom of speech? Surely we can reach across the asile on this one @Emjay?

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
Yes but at the time they had to counter Iran. We can all say someone created a mess, Russia also created messes. Cubans killed South Africans down here.

Reagan starved out the Soviet Union. Good for him.

It's telling you are taking the Soviet Union's side. It's like taking Hitler's side. The USSR was an evil empire. It actively oppressed people. 100 million people were killed by all flavours of Communists and USSR supported many of those until their quarrel with China. Stalin you see killed too many other Communists too, so they had to let Stalinist policies go.

when did I ever apologies for genocide? The point is that we should always first atone for our own crimes. George Bush's favourite philosopher, Jesus Christ, said that.

IndigoIdentity

Expert Member
You need to take a step back to those posts - about diluting NATO.
We are not members - not our pig..

You'll have to move to the western cape to avoid the fallout.
There really is no further south to go.
Well to be fair, my question was more towards the land / air / sea invasion part. How likely is this to happen considering that they have nuclear weapons as a form of defense? And if so, how can it actually proceed?

In my mind, MAD is MAD and struggling to find a way in my mind to see this working out. In my mind, either way, nukes will fly and we will all be screwed. The invading forces would have no home to return to, perhaps even vaporized in the process? But yeah, perhaps a better post for the strategy thread.

And yeah, a one way trip on the Agulhas is looking pretty attractive to me right now :ROFL:

rambo919

Honorary Master
Note how he exempts himself. He is some sort of expert and has insider information. Dumb normies are dumb, all manipulated by Western press.
It's my standard view of all humans.... we are inherently useless unless we do the work of improving ourselves.... and most people don't like doing work.
How is that me exempting myself from anything?

brilliantt

the Russians are using a WW2 tactic to distract the big cities while capturing the countryside.

The smaller city of Kherson is captuered.
I was beginning to wonder. A lot of things don't make sense, like sending rifle-carrying paratroopers into the midst of Kyiv, where countless rifle-carrying Ukrainians are waiting for them. Where is the advantage there. How is a handful of paratroopers going to win you the war? What about the 65-kilometre long column south of Kyiv that has been static for the past 3 days?

But it seems like real work is being done in the South, where it seems, Putin wants to take the entire Ukrainian coast, as well as all of Eastern Ukraine.

Mirai

Executive Member
That's the funny thing. NATO has essentially stopped functioning militarily, they thought Russia was an irrelevant pushover so they completely ignored it's concerns for more than a decade.... then Russia surprised them by loosing patience.

Putin simply put, outmaneuvered them by actually doing something other than talking.

Yes and now the Russian economy is tanking. Most Russians don't want this. Most Russians don't want to kill Ukrainians. Shame on you.

Mirai

Executive Member
How is that me exempting myself from anything?

It is because you think you succeeded. They also think they succeeded. You read some "antiwar" sites, some UN-like sites and some satellite stuff and you are an "expert". People who live in Ukraine, are just dumb hicks for you. You say PUTIN STRONK, UKRAINE BAD, NATO BAD. :) ORANGE MAN BAD. :)

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
I was beginning to wonder. A lot of things don't make sense, like sending rifle-carrying paratroopers into the midst of Kyiv, where countless rifle-carrying Ukrainians are waiting for them. Where is the advantage there. How is a handful of paratroopers going to win you the war? What about the 65-kilometre long column south of Kyiv that has been static for the past 3 days?

But it seems like real work is being done in the South, where it seems, Putin wants to take the entire Ukrainian coast, as well as all of Eastern Ukraine.

He wants to establish a land corridor to Crimea.

but in WW2 Russia distracted the cities and moved the troops forward, they also sent in reconnaissance behind enemy lines,

The idea was to do as little damage as possible to the cities as you need it in the rebuild.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Yes and now the Russian economy is tanking. Most Russians don't want this. Most Russians don't want to kill Ukrainians. Shame on you.
And as I said repeatedly.... REPEATEDLY.... focus now.....

I suspect that is part of the plan.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Only the protests which follow the approved narrative are of concern.
I think you will find that the narrative of "war is hell" and don't bomb civilians is a widely approved narrative.

People who find they run counter to that narrative tend to fall into a very narrow category.

I mean, FFS, how close are you to actually asking yourself the question:

1646211798486.png

Status
Not open for further replies.