US carries out first federal execution of woman in decades

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Yup, that's why life imprisonment is usually cheaper than putting someone to death. Fair legal representation is a must if you want to execute people, even then, mistakes do happen.
Life imprisonment also comes with the same legal costs, doesn't it? Then you also have to feed and entertain the perpetrator.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
This gender based violence need to stop.

Ou cyril just taked about it as well.

A woMAN being killed for her baby.

a woMAN being put on death row.

Cray

Honorary Master
Life imprisonment also comes with the same legal costs, doesn't it? Then you also have to feed and entertain the perpetrator.
I think legal costs are generally higher for execution, there is an automatic appeal to a higher court for any death penalty case and given the amount of time prisoners spend in death row before execution means that the costs add up. As far as I know studies have been done, and once all legal costs on both sides are added, execution is more costly.

daveza

Honorary Master
Ive also wondered this, personally they should be given 30 days (after appealing) to live then executed.

No reason to wait so long.

There was for this guy

and this guy

and many others.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
That's nothing. The longest I think is 40 years.
They have long appeal processes. That's why it is so expensive to executive a person. Keep them in special prison areas, etc. The mandatory appeals.
They ALWAYS take long. All of them. Hence many say it would be a waste of time and resources in this country.

abzob

Honorary Master
Couldn't she just...you know...adopt a baby?

Not sure if you’ve ever baked buns but sometimes you just want them fresh out the oven.

Anyway with her mental faculty she probably wouldn’t have passed the adoption tests.

surface

Honorary Master
This gender based violence need to stop.

Ou cyril just taked about it as well.

A woMAN being killed for her baby.

a woMAN being put on death row.
What about malema & gordhan and desmond tutu ? No mention of them in your post ?

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Am not in favour of the death penalty generall but this one made me question that, horrific. :mad:
True, and I fully agree with it.
What's interesting for me is the focus on the deceased criminal and the execution. No-one seems to be interested in what has happened to the baby in the meantime? Foster home / Orphanage? A 17 year old teen today who needs to deal with such a past. :confused:

Cray

Honorary Master
True, and I fully agree with it.
What's interesting for me is the focus on the deceased criminal and the execution. No-one seems to be interested in what has happened to the baby in the meantime? Foster home / Orphanage? A 17 year old teen today who needs to deal with such a past. :confused:
Can you imagine finding out that your mother died like that....:crying: Hope the kid had a lot of support growing up.

eg2505

Honorary Master
some crazy people out there,
at least death sentence isnt used for something less serious like shoplifting.