US defends itself after humiliating Thailand at Women's World Cup

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
So wait. Thailand aren't unhappy that they got so badly beaten, but some random fscktards on the Interwebs are upset and now the US has to defend itself?

I don't want to live on this fscking planet anymore....

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
The US have the same problem as us, their women team is much better than the men's. Well done to them.
I think the reason the men's soccer is not that great in the US is that most would have moved to other sports like baseball as salary is way larger and there's more support for the sport there.

It's not as though the women's soccer team could actually beat the men's, even if women's is #1.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
The snowflakes forgot that in the world of competitive sports, you don't get a medal for simply participating...

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I can't find any real criticism in the article. Just the "defend against criticism" story. Very click baity....and they caught a whale

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Defending themselves against what? I don't see that in the article

Pitbull

Verboten
So wait. Thailand aren't unhappy that they got so badly beaten, but some random fscktards on the Interwebs are upset and now the US has to defend itself?

I don't want to live on this fscking planet anymore....
Perfect example of Social Justice Warriorism

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
I never read the article but I bet the Thai team did not complain.
Nope. They took it on the chin and hopefully will learn from it

Thailand's manager Nuengrutai Srathongvian did not believe the team's opponents were morally wrong to continue to press for goals until the end.
Indeed, Srathongvian vowed that the team would improve from such an experience.

"In football, everybody is following the rules, so our opponent is trying their best. The US team was very good. We don't have any excuse and we accept that they are better," the coach told reporters.

"We know where we are. Playing the US is not easy, and we know we have to improve in every aspect and improve in our mentality, and the players' experience cannot be compared to them.

"We have limited resources in terms of the players. We have a limited number of players available, and we are small in build. We have to improve on this aspect."

C4Cat

Executive Member
Thailand was happy they got to play.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/la-sp-world-cup-miranda-nild-alex-morgan-20190611-story.html
Thai forward Miranda Nild left the field in tears Tuesday after the U.S. pounded her team 13-0 in Nild’s Women’s World Cup debut. But the tears were ones of happiness, not embarrassment, because simply taking the field in front of family and friends in a world championship was a bigger victory than anything that happened on the scoreboard.
“It was an amazing experience to be able to play against the States,” said Nild, who was born in Northern California and played college soccer at California but represents her father’s homeland in international play.
“It was just really a cool experience. It’s kind of all hitting me at once. Incredibly emotional. Even before the game it was insane. After it ended, just shaking all the players’ hands, it was just so awesome.”