US defends itself after humiliating Thailand at Women's World Cup

Knyro

Honorary Master
Soccer is 90min long. 10 isn't that much.

As a comparison. Rugby, that's 80 min long, in order to get to 100 you need to score a Try and conversion 7 points every 5 min.

10 in soccer is like 50 in rugby.
Load of crap. Don't comment if you don't watch the sport please.

10+ goals in a single football match is an outrageous scoreline. You can easily go over 5 years in a top level league without such a thing happening.

Urist

Expert Member
10 is more like 100. 13 is downright ridiculous. They shouldn't even be playing in the same league.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Load of crap. Don't comment if you don't watch the sport please.

10+ goals in a single football match is an outrageous scoreline. You can easily go over 5 years in a top level league without such a thing happening.
Just because soccer is played more defensively/safely and players pass the ball back and waste time and don't aggressively attack all the time. Doesn't make my comparison to scorelines wrong.

Cray

Honorary Master
Just because soccer is played more defensively/safely and players pass the ball back and waste time and don't aggressively attack all the time. Doesn't make my comparison to scorelines wrong.
Your lack if knowledge about soccer is what makes it wrong - the highest ever margin of victory in a men's world cup soccer game was 9 goals in a 10-1 scoreline between Hungary and El Salvador. New Zealand put 50 points past England in a rugby world cup semi-final and that total has veen achieved plenty of times in Rugby World cups. Your comparison is faulty...

Knyro

Honorary Master
Just stop it. You expose your ignorance more and more with each post.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Your lack if knowledge about soccer is what makes it wrong - the highest ever margin of victory in a men's world cup soccer game was 9 goals in a 10-1 scoreline between Hungary and El Salvador. New Zealand put 50 points past England in a rugby world cup semi-final and that total has veen achieved plenty of times in Rugby World cups. Your comparison is faulty...
Because more countries play soccer and teams at the world cup is more evenly matched.

Last edited:

Knyro

Honorary Master
Because more countries play soccer and teams at the world cup os more evenly matched.
Because football is intrinsically a low-scoring game. Take a few seconds to think about why scoring a goal is hard. There is a reason why people lose their shyte every time a one is scored.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Because football is intrinsically a low-scoring game. Take a few seconds to think about why scoring a goal is hard. There is a reason why people lose their shyte every time a one is scored.
Well if I could have worked how hard you feel it is to score a goal vs a try into the comparison I would have. Soccer fans are just drama queens that's why they lose their shyte.

Knyro

Honorary Master
Well if I could have worked how hard you feel it is to score a goal vs a try into the comparison I would have. Soccer fans are just drama queens that's why they lose their shyte.
They lose their shyte because they know the game is tilted to make defence significantly easier than offence, hence even games without a single goal are common. Something which clearly escapes you.

gamer16

Executive Member
They lose their shyte because they know the game is tilted to make defence significantly easier than offence, hence even games without a single goal are common. Something which clearly escapes you.
Haha I was waiting for the day I'd see you two argue :ROFL::popcorn:

Anyway you are right in what you said there, but I can't help wonder wouldn't the game be somewhat more entertaining if it was structured in such a way that goals are a bit more common?

rietrot

Honorary Master
What has this got to do with anything? Rugby is easier to attack and there also plenty of low scoring games.

Knyro

Honorary Master
What has this got to do with anything? Rugby is easier to attack and there also plenty of low scoring games.
It makes the statistical likelihood of scoring a goal low, DUH. What was was that about basic maths?

How many rugby games end up at 0-0?

Knyro

Honorary Master

Anyway you are right in what you said there, but I can't help wonder wouldn't the game be somewhat more entertaining if it was structured in such a way that goals are a bit more common?
The rarity of goals is what makes them so special IMO. That's why it's HYPE in the stadium when one goes in. :cool:

Suspect99

Executive Member
Soccer is 90min long. 10 isn't that much.

As a comparison. Rugby, that's 80 min long, in order to get to 100 you need to score a Try and conversion 7 points every 5 min.

10 in soccer is like 50 in rugby.
. 10 isn't that much? What kak.

"The record for the biggest win is Manchester United's 9–0 victory against Ipswich Town at Old Trafford on 4 March 1995. Tottenham Hotspur are the only other club to have scored nine goals in aPremier League game - in their 9–1 victory over Wigan Athletic at White Hart Lane on 22 November 2009."

Highest ever victory in the premier League was 9 0. Highest scoring game was 7-4.

10 -0 has never happened. Let alone 13-0

gamer16

Executive Member
The rarity of goals is what makes them so special IMO. That's why it's HYPE in the stadium when one goes in. :cool:
On second thought I have to agree with you there.

Loads of people will hate me for saying it but another interesting aspect of soccer is it's tenfold more technical and strategic than rugby.

rietrot

Honorary Master

I was just having a bit of fun, because he came off that aggressively, which was quite funny. Who cares if 10 goals in soccer is eqaul to 50 or 100 points in rugby.

100 is probably more correct so Knyro is right. My initial comparison was more about the time and frequency of scoring, I'm not even sure anymore what point I tried to make.

Found this doing research on the topic.
Royal Kituro win 356-3: Belgian rugbyclub claim record victory. A Belgianrugby team playing in the country's top division has won a game 356-3. The match saw Royal Kituro run in 56 tries and 38 conversions to Soignies' lone drop-goal - which equates to more than four points a minute on average.
Top score difference in soccer Australia 31-0