US Election 2020 - Pt 2

cerebus

Honorary Master
Why does Trump still fight so hard to keep his tax info out of the public? Didn't realize but he's apparently the only candidate/president (since Carter apparently) not to release his taxes. Is it because he's a Zuma, tax wise (not that he's unlike the Zulu Chief in many other ways)?

Pegasus

Expert Member
Why does Trump still fight so hard to keep his tax info out of the public? Didn't realize but he's apparently the only candidate/president (since Carter apparently) not to release his taxes. Is it because he's a Zuma, tax wise (not that he's unlike the Zulu Chief in many other ways)?
Because that'll open up many more court cases and subpoenas to harass him with.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Back in 2016 I said he was the US's equivalent of Zuma.
And oh! the tears of rage from the MyBB demographic!

The Free Radical

Last edited:

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
I mean, the surge in infections can't be from the protests, right?
A portion must be attributable to this, but it doesn't explain everything. The world is always more complicated than we want it to be. I'll give you the case of New York which is just anecdotal. Huge protest numbers but no surge or spike in any way. Make of that what you will. Each state is unique.
1594374036456.png
Just like the protests are peaceful (just ignore the hundreds, if not thousands, of pictures and videos on the internet showing the opposite).
The proportion of protests that were peaceful compared to the ones where things went pearshaped does not fit with your narrative. You have chosen to ignore the millions of pictures and videos on the internet showing the opposite of your narrative. Again reality is complex.
The surge in infections must be from Trump's mismanagement, from Trump's rallies, from people ignoring social distancing, from the economy opening up too soon, but not from protests where hundreds of people aggregate together.
Part of it is attributable to Trump. Nobody is saying all. If they are they are a fool.

Though there is a distinction between a rally and protests in my mind and I'd like to get your opinion if you would like to engage on it?

The protests are initiated by private individuals against the recommendations of the Trump Administration. The people themselves are responsible.
A rally or similar is purposely organized by Trump and his team. He is directly responsible for all the risk he puts everyone who attends under. It is essentially a form of abuse of power. He uses these people for his own gain and doesn't care about the risk he puts them under. And he does this against his own administration's recommendations.

Thoughts

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member

Pegasus

Expert Member
He loves one upmanship. So, unless he wasn't hiding anything he'd release them and laugh at the "do nothing" Dems.
It's politics. All sides do it.
Look at what David Brock and Media matters do for a living.

For example..
If his tax records indicate he had a transaction with ABSA, Nedbank Allan gray, etc
More subpoenas...
It won't stop.

lumeer

Expert Member
A portion must be attributable to this, but it doesn't explain everything. The world is always more complicated than we want it to be. I'll give you the case of New York which is just anecdotal. Huge protest numbers but no surge or spike in any way. Make of that what you will. Each state is unique.
View attachment 872479

The proportion of protests that were peaceful compared to the ones where things went pearshaped does not fit with your narrative. You have chosen to ignore the millions of pictures and videos on the internet showing the opposite of your narrative. Again reality is complex.

Part of it is attributable to Trump. Nobody is saying all. If they are they are a fool.

Though there is a distinction between a rally and protests in my mind and I'd like to get your opinion if you would like to engage on it?

The protests are initiated by private individuals against the recommendations of the Trump Administration. The people themselves are responsible.
A rally or similar is purposely organized by Trump and his team. He is directly responsible for all the risk he puts everyone who attends under. It is essentially a form of abuse of power. He uses these people for his own gain and doesn't care about the risk he puts them under. And he does this against his own administration's recommendations.

Thoughts
My thoughts are that Bill Maher offered to donate $5 million dollars to a charity if Donald Trump could prove that he was not an orangutan. Trump never did prove that he is not an orangutan, and the last time I checked, non-humans are not eligible to become President of the United States of America. So if a Trump fan wants to attend the rally of someone who may actually be occupying his office illegally, and not wear a mask when doing so, then they are as much to blame for this as Trump. Unfortunately the rest of society has to suffer the consequences.

rietrot

Honorary Master
My thoughts are that Bill Maher offered to donate $5 million dollars to a charity if Donald Trump could prove that he was not an orangutan. Trump never did prove that he is not an orangutan, and the last time I checked, non-humans are not eligible to become President of the United States of America. So if a Trump fan wants to attend the rally of someone who may actually be occupying his office illegally, and not wear a mask when doing so, then they are as much to blame for this as Trump. Unfortunately the rest of society has to suffer the consequences.
Wtf did I just read. Lol.

Gnarls

Expert Member
Mentally deficient, morally bankrupt demagogues will demagogue.
What gets me is the incredible level of stupidity necessary for people to support them, even after the depth of their evil becomes apparent.

Still prancing around on her high horse.

konfab

Honorary Master
It would, but it is unusual the lengths at which he has gone to keep them hidden and his reaction to this judgement definitely shows he is worried about something.
I don't think not wanting your financial records to be in the public domain is an unusual request. Some people value privacy more than others.

Biden has been releasing his for decades. All other presidents have been doing so since Nixon.

He is the first one since to have an issue with it.
That isn't really an argument though. It isn't law or anything.

Perhaps, for him in a best case scenario, it is just a case of he doesn't want his false facade of being a brilliant businessman to be brought down.
Could be, but it could also be that he doesn't want his business competitors to have full access to his financial records.

At worst it shows evidence of actual crimes, which the NY Times deep dive into his tax affairs does suggest.
Keep dreaming. I don't think the IRS has been ignoring crimes.

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
Flippen well said. I didn't mean to absolve the attendees of their idiocy. They are equally to blame.

Also you have way too much of a sense of humor to be a Trump supporter. :thumbsup: