US Election 2020 - Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Before the shootings, yes.
The same person Mephisto Helix called a "libertarian" supporting BLM? I have no idea, perhaps it was the cut of his jib, or the way the wind was blowing, or because was white.

That must be why he pled guilty in court
You should really stop mindlessly repeating what you hear and start doing some research. I am literally spoon feeding you in this thread.

If fairly convicted for the charge he pleaded guilty to, he would not have needed a presidential pardon. That was only necessary due to corruption and extreme bias in those who were involved in handling the case. Obama would have put him in jail for life for having the audacity to criticize his policies if he was able to get away with it.

That's called being partisan. Own it. Stop pretending to be all neutral while attacking the democratic party in post after post after post. Just because you're trying to offset propaganda from the left by posting negative propaganda from the right doesn't make you non-partisan. You've chosen a side, so own it and stop lying
I don't choose sides, I choose policies. I don't care about feelings, I care about pragmatic solutions. I don't reward empty promises, I reward tangible results. You don't need to support the Republicans to condemn terrible ideas and behavior from the Democrats.

Sl8er

Executive Member
It's not false but it's also miles away from objective. It ignores the fact that Democrats and Republicans effectively reversed their roles throughout the 20th century.

When you say throughout the 20th century, do you mean after Johnson's term ('61 onwards)?
So, let's say in the last 50 years or so?
Keeping in mind that, according to the clip, the dems still opposed the civil rights act -which only got forced through after the reps managed to muster the numbers?

I don't know man...looking back over the everything with this "newly acquired" knowledge (and particularly what's been going on lately -all the obviously blatant lying from
the dems and media) it all kinda' stinks to me. I have a really hard time believing anything the dems say, these days.

[/QUOTE]Democrats were at one time awful to African Americans, especially the Southern Democratic wing. But that has very little to do with contemporary partisan politics. Parties shift and evolve all the time.
biden's politcal history is full of bills targeting black folks, though.
Have you seen some of his speeches and stuff from back then?
Actually, have you heard some of the things he's said when referring to black or hispanic folks -even this year, nevermind other years?
So much cringe...and given what I know now, it really makes me wonder if they've actually changed. (If he feels confident enough to say those kinds of things in public...what do you think
he says in private? What do you think they say to each other? Come to think of it, hilary herself had similar choice words not too long ago :unsure:)

More to the point I don't see how it addresses my points about 1) lynching being designated as a federal hate crime, and 2) the similarity between criticisms of MLK and BLM.

1. Lynching was all part of the dems' arsenal (back in the day)...and, as mentioned, is already covered by existing law. (Wait...am I addressing the right thing now? There's so much going on
here, I'm losing track of everything :laugh:)

2. Yeah, I misinterpreted the meme. That's on me. (It just reminded me so much of the dems opposing the civil rights act, that I jumped the gun in my "bewilderment" of newly acquired history
knowledge / lesson :))
That said, MLK did call for peaceful protests, not violent riots. Do you think he would have supported 90+ days of violent riots resulting in 32 deaths -and labelled it as "peaceful protests"? (Like
the dems have?) Also, I'm curious, do you think he would have supported repealing proposition 209 (civil rights act) in California, like the dems are trying to do right now? (Proposition 16)
Thinking about it now, as I type this, it actually sounds like the dems haven't changed much at all :unsure:

theratman

Honorary Master
That's called being partisan. Own it. Stop pretending to be all neutral while attacking the democratic party in post after post after post. Just because you're trying to offset propaganda from the left by posting negative propaganda from the right doesn't make you non-partisan. You've chosen a side, so own it and stop lying

That centrist claim was hilarious.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
I don't choose sides, I choose policies. I don't care about feelings, I care about pragmatic solutions. I don't reward empty promises, I reward tangible results. You don't need to support the Republicans to condemn terrible ideas and behavior from the Democrats.
Yeah, except you're not posting solutions. You're not not posting about ideas or policies. You're posting about people and parties. Again, stop lying and own your allegiance. Maybe you don't need to support the Republican party, but when you only attack the democratic party and glorify the Republican party, that gives it away. So own it. Stop lying.

Sl8er

Executive Member
How did Kyle Rittenhouse shoot people and walk past police with a weapon yet be completely ignored by them?

In the clips I saw, after the shooting, he ran towards the cops with his weapon down and his hands in the air.
I think he also yelled that he had shot someone -I speak under correction, though.
Usually, people with criminal intent run away from cops when they've shot someone. Usually.

How did Kyle Rittenhouse shoot people and walk past police with a weapon yet be completely ignored by them?
There's so much misinformation and censorship around this, just like everything else.

Kyle Rittenhouse was a trained EMT who had been shooting rifles since he was 5 years old. He handled the situation he found himself in incredibly well given the circumstances. The second amendment allows you to use a weapon to protect yourself when your life is in danger, and that is essential if the police are unable to defend you.

cerebus

Honorary Master
You should really stop mindlessly repeating what you hear and start doing some research. I am literally spoon feeding you in this thread.

If fairly convicted for the charge he pleaded guilty to, he would not have needed a presidential pardon. That was only necessary due to corruption and extreme bias in those who were involved in handling the case. Obama would have put him in jail for life for having the audacity to criticize his policies if he was able to get away with it.

He. Pled. Guilty.

azbob

Honorary Master
In the clips I saw, after the shooting, he ran towards the cops with his weapon down and his hands in the air.
I think he also yelled that he had shot someone -I speak under correction, though.
Usually, people with criminal intent run away from cops when they've shot someone. Usually.

The point was that there are people who are unarmed and haven’t shot anyone being brutalized by police whereas someone who had just shot people and is armed is waved along.

Yeah, except you're not posting solutions. You're not not posting about ideas or policies. You're posting about people and parties. Again, stop lying and own your allegiance. Maybe you don't need to support the Republican party, but when you only attack the democratic party and glorify the Republican party, that gives it away. So own it. Stop lying.
All I'm posting is facts and sources to provide missing perspective and correct misinformed people. If you can't see past your ideological cognitive bias, that's your own problem.

wbot

Executive Member
Cops probably didn't even know Rittenhouse killed people when he ran off. They found that out later

Sl8er

Executive Member
The same person Mephisto Helix called a "libertarian" supporting BLM? I have no idea, perhaps it was the cut of his jib, or the way the wind was blowing, or because was white.

You really haven't watched any of the interviews with this kid at all?
Interviews before the shooting.
Interviews where you see him and the other folks in the group tell the BLM rioters that they support them and that they -well, he, the kid- is a trained
EMT and ready to help anyone who needed it.
(All they asked was for the people not to destroy the building they were protecting. Everything else was "fair game".)
Anyway, maybe this conversation is better suited to the Kenosha thread.

Sl8er

Executive Member
The point was that there are people who are unarmed and haven’t shot anyone being brutalized by police whereas someone who had just shot people and is armed is waved along.

Well, AFAIK the *Kenosha-Kid didn't fire the first shot, so someone was already shooting -but that's neither here nor there.
People were already rioting, burning, destroying buildings / cars and assaulting.
What would you suggest the cops do with those people?

*I just coined it :cool:

(Again, this is probably better suited for the Kenosha thread.)

Sl8er

Executive Member
Anyway...I'm spending way too much time in this thread.
(Whoever I was chatting with, feel free to reply [or not]...I'll swing by at some or other stage again.)

greg0205

Honorary Master
So you admit you don't even know why D'Souza needed to be pardoned. He was targeted by Obama who tried to silence him because he was criticizing his policies. You can deny reality all you like for stupid reasons, but that won't change the facts.
Here's CNN trying their best to push their false narrative and discredit him while he explains what happened:

57 Posts, so we're still pretending you're new here... but... we're not.

The Trump threads have been going for the best part of five years and Dinesh has been discussed here before.

He made illegal, 'straw-donor' campaign contributions. He plead guilty. He was pardoned.

Theses are all observable, verifiable facts and utterly immune to YouTube opinion.

More important 'tho, Dinesh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kevin Kruse.

Every time Dinesh posts his garbage on twitter, Kevin, an *actual* history professor at Princeton steps in to beat him like a tawdry, fake Persian carpet.

Dinesh's need for attention means he tries to engage and his twitter feed invariably turns into a dignity-sapping ratio of folk telling 'ol D'Souza to take the L and move on...

If he had any shame he would.

He doesn't.

You posting him here as some sorta 'gotcha' confirms we're in the most stupid timeline of all.

lumeer

Expert Member

Nice try, but no cigar.

57 Posts, so we're still pretending you're new here... but... we're not.

The Trump threads have been going for the best part of five years and Dinesh has been discussed here before.

He made illegal, 'straw-donor' campaign contributions. He plead guilty. He was pardoned.

Theses are all observable, verifiable facts and utterly immune to YouTube opinion.

More important 'tho, Dinesh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kevin Kruse.

Every time Dinesh posts his garbage on twitter, Kevin, an *actual* history professor at Princeton steps in to beat him like a tawdry, fake Persian carpet.

Dinesh's need for attention means he tries to engage and his twitter feed invariably turns into a dignity-sapping ratio of folk telling 'ol D'Souza to take the L and move on...

If he had any shame he would.

He doesn't.

You posting him here as some sorta 'gotcha' confirms we're in the most stupid timeline of all.
I am new to posting here, but don't expect to see me for much longer as I'll go back to lerking soon enough. Commenting on the internet in general is a waste of time and energy. So is trying to convince anyone who believes what they have been told that they have been lied to. You can't use facts to change someones mind if they didn't use facts to get into that mindset in the first place.

D'Souza was an adviser to Regan when he was president. I first listened to some of D'Souza's lectures around 8 years ago when I first started researching American politics. What he says has always made a lot of sense if you are rational and do critical thinking instead of simply subscribing to an ideology and believing whatever your group believes.

I never claimed that he was completely innocent, only that the severity of what he was guilty of was blown out of proportion due to political reasons. He was certainly not treated fairly given the circumstances.

If you knew anything about how almost the entire intellectual community, especially professors at universities, have been taken over by the cancer which is Postmodernism, you would not be surprised to see "an actual history professor" trying to attack him and rewrite the narrative at every turn.

Of course none of this will matter to you, as if it did, you would already be thinking for yourself. I am only responding to the insanity in this thread for the sake of those who are not completely brainwashed, so that they get some perspective to the blatant liberal propaganda and false narratives being pushed. You all really hate when anyone goes against your narratives.

As Regan said "If Fascism Ever Comes To America, It Will Come In The Name Of Liberalism". Sadly he didn't realize it would come to not only America, but most of the western world.

surface

Honorary Master
I never claimed that he was completely innocent, only that the severity of what he was guilty of was blown out of proportion due to political reasons. He was certainly not treated fairly given the circumstances.
hi, one of the zupta fans here. I am going to borrow this line if you don't mind. We feel the same way about Zuma - he received very unfair treatment at the hand of libtards.

Status
Not open for further replies.