US Election 2020 - Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg0205

Honorary Master
I am new to posting here, but don't expect to see me for much longer as I'll go back to lerking soon enough. Commenting on the internet in general is a waste of time and energy. So is trying to convince anyone who believes what they have been told that they have been lied to. You can't use facts to change someones mind if they didn't use facts to get into that mindset in the first place.

D'Souza was an adviser to Regan when he was president. I first listened to some of D'Souza's lectures around 8 years ago when I first started researching American politics. What he says has always made a lot of sense if you are rational and do critical thinking instead of simply subscribing to an ideology and believing whatever your group believes.

I never claimed that he was completely innocent, only that the severity of what he was guilty of was blown out of proportion due to political reasons. He was certainly not treated fairly given the circumstances.

If you knew anything about how almost the entire intellectual community especially professors at universities have been taken over by the cancer which is Postmodernism, you would not be surprised to see "an actual history professor" trying to attack him and rewrite the narrative at every turn.

Of course none of this will matter to you, as if it did, you would already be thinking for yourself. I am only responding to the insanity in this thread for the sake of those who are not completely brainwashed, so that they get some perspective to the blatant liberal propaganda and false narratives being pushed. You all really hate when anyone goes against your narratives.

As Regan said "If Fascism Ever Comes To America, It Will Come In The Name Of Liberalism". Sadly he didn't realize it would come to not only America, but most of the western world.

Ooh, the Gipper. Patient Zero for the demise of the American dream.

I prefer James Waterman Wise's, “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Anyway, don't slink off... Stay. We're tribal here, sure, but your "cancer which is Postmodernism" proves you'll fit right in, and I'm happy to discuss Reagan any time.

I'll be championing the 'against' side.

Obviously.

buka001

Honorary Master
I personally stopped reading his posts after the first few I saw, since he's just spewing the standard false narratives created by MSM.

I'm non-partisan, but I'm sure to you anyone who isn't in support of the insanity that is the left must be a Trump supporter. I believe in being well informed about the objective truth, which is usually the opposite of what you see in MSM and social media. I'll support whoever has good values and produces good results.

It is peculiur how the false narratives and insanity that has been spun by Trump hasn't bothered you.

It is peculiur how the false narratives and insanity that has been spun by Trump hasn't bothered you.
I would be bothered if I came across an actual false narrative or completely nonsensical thing which has been proven to come from Trump, providing it isn't something petty but actually matters. The problem is that has almost never happens, while the same can't be said for the new false narratives I come across every single day from the Democrats and MSM.

Everyone with TDS spreads these false narratives by just repeating what they are told and can never provide compelling evidence of anything claimed. At the same time, I can think of countless instances where these false narratives were proven wrong without any possible doubt, either in court or when new indisputable evidence surfaces, which can often take months or even years. Of course the MSM never corrects themselves or report when their lies eventually get proven wrong, so most people will continue to believe the false narratives forever.

buka001

Honorary Master
I don't choose sides, I choose policies. I don't care about feelings, I care about pragmatic solutions. I don't reward empty promises, I reward tangible results. You don't need to support the Republicans to condemn terrible ideas and behavior from the Democrats.
Yip, nice double speak here.

You prefer the policies that identify with your political ideology.

All of those wishy washy terms you said you support, the Republicans have done the opposite.

It shows that you ignore the same things the Republicans are guilty of, as it is your cognitive dissonance in over drive.

You are a tribalist. Everyone is. You have a tribe, so no point pretending otherwise.

buka001

Honorary Master
I would be bothered if I came across an actual false narrative or completely nonsensical thing which has been proven to come from Trump, providing it isn't something petty but actually matters. The problem is that has almost never happens, while the same can't be said for the new false narratives I come across every single day from the Democrats and MSM.

Everyone with TDS spreads these false narratives by just repeating what they are told and can never provide compelling evidence of anything claimed. At the same time, I can think of countless instances where these false narratives were proven wrong without any possible doubt, either in court or when new indisputable evidence surfaces, which can often take months or even years. Of course the MSM never corrects themselves or report when their lies eventually get proven wrong, so most people will continue to believe the false narratives forever.
Like the whole Hunter Biden saga, to distract from his impeachment? Amazing how that disappeared into thin air.

Or its only 15 cases and very soon it will be gone.

You prefer the policies that identify with your political ideology.
I know it's hard for you to believe, but while most people do, not everyone subscribes to a political ideology. I don't need to be told what to think, I've been able to adopt a pragmatic approach and think for myself.

By definition, pragmatism is the opposite to ideology. Pragmatists go with whatever works. Ideologues look to see if it fits with theory and if it does, then it works by definition, regardless of whether it's even realistic. A well known joke demonstrating this: "Yeah, this program works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

You are a tribalist. Everyone is. You have a tribe, so no point pretending otherwise.
Everyone has some level of tribalism in them, but not everyone strongly identifies with a political tribe. That would require subscribing to political ideology. Ideology and tribalism are closely related and this is quite relevant to why most people are blinded by their ideology and it will always control them.

buka001

Honorary Master
I know it's hard for you to believe, but while most people do, not everyone subscribes to a political ideology. I don't need to be told what to think, I've been able to adopt a pragmatic approach and think for myself.

By definition, pragmatism is the opposite to ideology. Pragmatists go with whatever works. Ideologues look to see if it fits with theory and if it does, then it works by definition, regardless of whether it's even realistic. A well known joke demonstrating this: "Yeah, this program works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Everyone has some level of tribalism in them, but not everyone strongly identifies with a political tribe. That would require subscribing to political ideology. Ideology and tribalism are closely related and this is quite relevant to why most people are blinded by their ideology and it will always control them.
And yet you post and believe the historically incorrect opinions of D'Souza.

Like the whole Hunter Biden saga, to distract from his impeachment? Amazing how that disappeared into thin air.

Or its only 15 cases and very soon it will be gone.
The impeachment was literally built on thin air and grandstanding, which is why it didn't work. But I'm not here to debate with someone who has TDS.

lumeer

Expert Member
The impeachment was literally built on thin air and grandstanding, which is why it didn't work. But I'm not here to debate with someone who has TDS.

What are your thoughts on the following issue? Trump previously accused Hunter Biden of corruption, an accusation that many consider baseless and politically motivated. To this, Michael Bloomberg gave Trump an ultimatum: stop peddling your baseless allegations against Hunter Biden, or I will fund a private investigation into the business and financial affairs of your children, with a level of scrutiny the likes of which they have never experienced. And just like that - poof! - Trump went silent on Hunter Biden.

And yet you post and believe the historically incorrect opinions of D'Souza.
I never said I based my belief solely on his opinion. I have come to my position after years of research on related topics. That just happens to be the source that I included, since I actually bother to back up my claims up with sources unlike most people who are making crazy claims. I'm not here to do all your research for you, or debate with someone blinded by TDS, only to point those who are open to learning in the right direction.

greg0205

Honorary Master

I'm sorry, what?

Donald J Trump *was*, in fact, impeached by the House by 230 votes to 197.

He was acquitted by the Senate.

He, Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton are, and will remain until the end of time, the three US presidents to be impeached.

buka001

Honorary Master
I never said I based my belief solely on his opinion. I have come to my position after years of research on related topics. That just happens to be the source that I included, since I actually bother to back up my claims up with sources unlike most people who are making crazy claims. I'm not here to do all your research for you, or debate with someone blinded by TDS, only to point those who are open to learning in the right direction.
If you bothered to back up your claims, you would take D'Souza's opinions and cross check them with the multiple, peer reviewed analysis on the subjects from actual historians and review that.

Yet, you post his opinions in isolation, without any due concern to check the veracity of those opinions.

This shows how deeply tribalist you are.

What are your thoughts on the following issue? Trump previously accused Hunter Biden of corruption, an accusation that many consider baseless and politically motivated. To this, Michael Bloomberg gave Trump an ultimatum: stop peddling your baseless allegations against Hunter Biden, or I will fund a private investigation into the business and financial affairs of your children, with a level of scrutiny the likes of which they have never experienced. And just like that - poof! - Trump went silent on Hunter Biden.
If it turns out that he is innocent, I will certainly hold that against Trump.

I've seen evidence of Hunter Biden being involved in shady business, so those claim currently have a lot more credit than most accusations I see which are actually baseless. Some examples:

buka001

Honorary Master
I'm also lerking .... (oh dammit)
Waiting to see when you & the crowd also go full TDS turning into the a meme bot. (note, singular - the dribbling brainless mob).

:popcorn:
:ROFL:
No worries, I am just waiting for another one of your virtue signaling posts, where you pretend to care about truth, while ignoring one of your mates post utter lies, about the BLM/Antifa, latino shooter called Kyle Rittenhouse, who has a pro Blue Lives Matters facebook page and was registered as white in his arrest.

Without even blinking an eye at the irony.

I'm sorry, what?

Donald J Trump *was*, in fact, impeached by the House by 230 votes to 197.

He was acquitted by the Senate.

He, Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton are, and will remain until the end of time, the three US presidents to be impeached.
The Democrat-controlled house didn't require actual evidence to vote to impeach. They were able to just make up accusations and grandstand instead. Corruption is a hellava drug.

But by all means, provide a list of reasons for the impeachment along with evidence of those claims. I'd love to see the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.