US Election 2020 - The Result

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
I really do appreciate everyone's participation in this thread today. While you guys on the left may have not have learned anything from interacting with me, I try to always learn from the time I spend observing liberal echo chambers.

The kind of reactions that I just got actually fascinate me, and I've observed the same phenomenon everywhere from Twitter discussions to people talking in YouTube live chat.

If anyone who criticizes the left, ever reveals anything which could make them seem credible to those who appeal to authority, the native liberals feel compelled to try to discredit the person with personal attacks and other childish antics which equate to schoolyard bullying, in order to sow doubt about the source of information that threatens their ideology. I'm sure it also makes them feel better about themselves.

The behaviour of left is remarkably predictable once you have observed their group-think in enough different environments.

I think the reason it fascinates me, is because I couldn't ever imagine pretending to know something I don't, or pretend to have credentials which I cannot back up. I suppose it makes sense if you bull$#1t your way through life, ignore reality and can just claim false victories, like I see from liberals daily.

Nah, mostly people are on a massive pisstake after having to swallow the bile spewed by Trumpites for the past 4 years

Did you read the long post I made where I took the time to explain some things that are easy to understand? I specifically mentioned things which are commonly observed by people and do not require any kind of data analysis to prove. Most of what I outlined can be studied and confirmed by anyone, without any special knowledge, data, or algorithms. I even listed some examples of observations that you can make yourself to confirm different kinds of censorship and manipulations, which are things that most Twitter users see daily, even if they don't realize it.

Our team uses a proprietary stack developed in-house by people who are smarter than me. It runs crawling and data collection workers on a AWS compute cluster, pushes data to processing nodes via Kafka, before ingesting into one of our sharded ClickHouse database clusters. Further analysis is done using a variety of methods, ranging from simple aggregated metrics that run in the cloud, to machine learning models which use pytorch on dedicated GPU hardware which we have at the office. Team members can also use their own tools for discovery and local analysis.
Where does your funding come from - dem tools and AWS compute time don't come cheap for the amount of data you're talking about

DavidFreeman

Nah, mostly people are on a massive pisstake after having to swallow the bile spewed by Trumpites for the past 4 years
Yeah, I've been loving every moment of that. What happens next may surprise you. I, for one, will be sure to have plenty popcorn stocked up. :popcorn:

Where does your funding come from - dem tools and AWS compute time don't come cheap for the amount of data you're talking about
Most of the research conducted by our data science firm is contracted by entities who have a lot of money to burn. We also only do light processing on AWS compute time, and heavy analysis gets offloaded to more cost effective cloud resources and local GPU hardware.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Yeah, I've been loving every moment of that. What happens next may surprise you. I, for one, will be sure to have plenty popcorn stocked up. :popcorn:

Most of the research conducted by our data science firm is contracted by entities who have a lot of money to burn. We also only do light processing on AWS compute time, and heavy analysis gets offloaded to more cost effective cloud resources and local GPU hardware.
I knew it! You're a bitcoin farmer.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Biden weighs retired general Lloyd Austin for Pentagon chief

Joe Biden is considering retired four-star general Lloyd Austin as his nominee for Defense secretary, adding him to a shortlist that includes Jeh Johnson, Tammy Duckworth and Michele Flournoy, two sources with direct knowledge of the decision-making tell Axios.

Why it matters: A nominee for Pentagon chief was noticeably absent when the president-elect rolled out his national security team Tuesday. Flournoy had been widely seen as the likely pick, but Axios is told other factors — race, experience, Biden's comfort level — have come into play.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Biden’s lead in Milwaukee increases after Trump blew millions on Wisconsin recount​

President-elect Joe Biden’s lead over Donald Trump in Wisconsin extended on Friday as Milwaukee finished their recount.

The Trump campaign had to pay $3 million for the recount in Wisconsin.

“Milwaukee County concludes its recount of the presidential election — one of two counties where Trump sought a recount in Wisconsin. The results: Biden’s lead, currently at about 20,000 statewide, grew by 132 votes,” Rosalind Helderman of The Washington Post reported Friday.

Edward-Isaac Dovere of The Atlantic did a quick, back-of-the-envelop economic analysis.

“With the $3 million the Trump campaign spent on recounts split between two counties, this would amount to the Trump campaign spending $11,363 per vote *added* to Biden,” Dovere wrote.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master

More cost effective (than AWS I presume) cloud resources?

Such as?

I'm always on the lookout for cheap compute

greg0205

Honorary Master
View attachment 962254

AOC schools another GOP moron who doesn't know how government works, despite being part of the GOP senate for years.

And it's a twofer.

View attachment 962256
I will never get tired of watching mediocre Republicans stepping over the bodies of other mediocre Republicans who've tried before, just to get to the front of the mediocre-Republicans-who-think-they-can-take-down-the-queen queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.