US Election 2020 - The Result

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Janet Yellen has been nominated for the position of Treasury Secretary.

Apparently Trump considered keeping her on as Chairperson of the Federal Reserve Bank, but in the end, decided against it, because...

...can you contemplate why...

...have you guessed it yet...

...because she was too short:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/28/tru...ed-yellen-for-fed-if-she-wasnt-so--short.html
And to top it of the markets responded positively the moment the news hit that Yellen is a candidate.
But... according Trump it was a problem that she's short... [sic]
I suppose we can be glad he didn't try to stick his fingers in her mouth!

Mach III

Expert Member
Janet Yellen has been nominated for the position of Treasury Secretary.

Apparently Trump considered keeping her on as Chairperson of the Federal Reserve Bank, but in the end, decided against it, because...

...can you contemplate why...

...have you guessed it yet...

...because she was too short:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/28/tru...ed-yellen-for-fed-if-she-wasnt-so--short.html

I dunno, I think Trump hired all the people he was told to hire by the people who put him in power.

All stuff he learned from Zuma's playbook. Take no responsibility, act silly...

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
I dunno, I think Trump hired all the people he was told to hire by the people who put him in power.

All stuff he learned from Zuma's playbook. Take no responsibility, act silly...
Likely true. That, or whoever Ivanka or Jared or Pence told him to.

I really want to read Pence's autobiography one day if he decides to tell all.

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Trump trashed by National Review for his ‘disgraceful’ conduct after losing to Joe Biden​

trump-sad-shutterstock-768x413.jpg

The editors of the conservative National Review kicked off Monday morning with an editorial calling out Donald Trump for his “disgraceful” conduct since losing the 2020 presidential election to former Vice President Joe Biden, saying the outgoing president is damaging the public’s faith in the government.

The Review has long been the voice of mainstream conservatism since its founding in 1955 by author William F. Buckley Jr.

Prior to the 2016 election, the Review warned the Republican Party against the now-outgoing president with a special edition with a headline blaring “Against Trump,” with the editors writing the New York businessman was “a philosophically unmoored political opportunist who would trash the broad conservative ideological consensus within the GOP in favor of a free-floating populism with strong-man overtones.”

greg0205

Honorary Master

HARRISBURG — In their latest attempt at sowing doubt in Pennsylvania’s 2020 election, a group of state Republicans has latched on to rhetoric coming from President Donald Trump and his legal advisers about voting machines used in 14 counties during the November election.
Trump, his campaign lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and lawyer Sidney Powell have without evidence accused Dominion Voting Systems of deleting and switching votes, despite a report from a federal agency that found no proof the machines were compromised “in any way.”
Now, state Republicans including Reps. Seth Grove (R., York) and Dawn Keefer (R., York) have begun echoing Trump’s distrust of Dominion’s machines, despite the fact that Trump won in 12 of the 14 Pennsylvania counties that use the company’s devices. Trump lost to President-elect Joe Biden in the state by more than 81,000 votes.

Donnie won 12 of the 14 PA counties using Dominion machines...

Dominion machines.

Dominion.

12 of 14.

Clown show.

Mach III

Expert Member
Likely true. That, or whoever Ivanka or Jared or Pence told him to.

I really want to read Pence's autobiography one day if he decides to tell all.
Yes, also, Mike Pompeo represents some fossil fuel interests.. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/08/26/mike-pompeo-the-secretary-of-trump

Trumps Right Hand Man...

I think... Koch Brothers - > Mike Pompeo -> Trump.

"Over time, Pompeo got to know some of the city’s wealthiest benefactors, including David Murfin, one of the largest independent oil producers in Kansas, and Charles and David Koch, the billionaire Republican donors and skeptics of environmental regulation, whose company is headquartered in Wichita. In 1998, the Kochs’ venture-capital fund made a key early investment in Thayer. Within a few years, Pompeo was a trustee of the Flint Hills Center for Public Policy, which also has ties to the Kochs, and he was an early recruit for the Kochs’ national political organization, Americans for Prosperity." - from the link above...

I think it all goes back to an ongoing ideological battle in the USA for the passed 230yrs; "protecting the opulent minority against the majority" - https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Madison/01-10-02-0044

If I were a billionaire in a particular field where thousands/ or millions must suffer for me to be a billionaire; then I think Trump is the perfect candidate to get everything I want done... The most dangerous part was that he built a stage where he was untouchable amongst his supporters... I wouldn't have been surprised if I saw a headline, "Trump takes baby from crowd. Trump eats baby. Crowd Cheers, 'eat the baby!' 'eat the baby!' " Like he could really do nothing wrong in his supporters eyes. The perfect wolf in sheeps clothing... Credit where it's due...

Last edited:

TysonRoux

Honorary Master

Is the impeached Orange Snollygoster more like Hitler or Zupta?​

Trump’s narrative his power has been ‘stolen’ echoes the rise of the Nazis: columnist​

Adolf-Hitler-and-Donald-Trump-768x413.jpg

On Monday, writing for The New York Times, German columnist Jochen Bittner issued a dire warning to America: outgoing President Donald Trump’s narrative that he and his supporters had their victory “stolen” from them echoes the post-World War I nationalist rage in Germany that ultimately brought about the rise of Nazism.

“One hundred years ago, amid the implosions of Imperial Germany, powerful conservatives who led the country into war refused to accept that they had lost. Their denial gave birth to arguably the most potent and disastrous political lie of the 20th century — the Dolchstosslegende, or stab-in-the-back myth,” wrote Bittner. “Its core claim was that Imperial Germany never lost World War I. Defeat, its proponents said, was declared but not warranted. It was a conspiracy, a con, a capitulation — a grave betrayal that forever stained the nation. That the claim was palpably false didn’t matter. Among a sizable number of Germans, it stirred resentment, humiliation and anger. And the one figure who knew best how to exploit their frustration was Adolf Hitler.”

While Trump himself is not a historical tyrant and murderer on the scale of Hitler, Bittner stressed, he is tapping into the same kind of right-wing populist anger — and it would be a “grave error” to ignore the parallels: “the campaign should be seen as what it is: an attempt to elevate ‘They stole it’ to the level of legend, perhaps seeding for the future social polarization and division on a scale America has never seen.”

There was never any truth to Dolchstosslegende, noted Bittner — Germany was outmatched by the power of the Allies, especially after the United States joined the war, and mass military revolts and nationwide strikes over death and famine forced the Kaiser to abdicate. But the myth was “at the heart of Nazi propaganda, and instrumental in justifying violence against opponents” — the crackdowns that ultimately evolved into the Holocaust were sold as retribution against those perceived as having sold out German victory.

“Alarmingly, that seems to be exactly what is happening in the United States today,” wrote Bittner. “Since the election, millions of Trump supporters have installed the alternative social media app Parler. Filter bubbles are turning into filter networks. In such a landscape of social fragmentation, Mr. Trump’s baseless accusations about electoral fraud could do serious harm. A staggering 88 percent of Trump voters believe that the election result is illegitimate, according to a YouGov poll. A myth of betrayal and injustice is well underway.”

Cray

Honorary Master
Witness testimony is evidence as far as courts of law are concerned, and your cute attempt to redefine things in no way detracts from that fact.
First hand testimony can be considered sound depending on the witness , second hand reports of someone reporting this or saying that they saw something is often considered hearsay and given far less weight.

DreamKing

Honorary Master

Judge freezes voting machines in three Georgia counties​

The suit is one of two cases filed in federal courts last week by Sidney Powell, an outspoken Texas attorney.

A judge assigned to a Republican-led lawsuit alleging widespread fraud in the presidential election in Georgia issued an order late Sunday night blocking plans to wipe or reset voting machines used in three counties in the state.

U.S. District Judge Timothy Batten Sr. revealed in his four-page directive that he held a hearing via Zoom Sunday evening on the suit — one of two cases filed in federal courts last week by Sidney Powell, an outspoken Texas attorney who joined President Donald Trump’s legal team earlier this month only to be dismissed from it a few days later.

roadcat

Expert Member

The suit is one of two cases filed in federal courts last week by Sidney Powell, an outspoken Texas attorney.

A judge assigned to a Republican-led lawsuit alleging widespread fraud in the presidential election in Georgia issued an order late Sunday night blocking plans to wipe or reset voting machines used in three counties in the state.

U.S. District Judge Timothy Batten Sr. revealed in his four-page directive that he held a hearing via Zoom Sunday evening on the suit — one of two cases filed in federal courts last week by Sidney Powell, an outspoken Texas attorney who joined President Donald Trump’s legal team earlier this month only to be dismissed from it a few days later.

It's already been withdrawn.

Dave

Honorary Master

You missed the best bit of the story :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten initially granted a motion for a temporary restraining order (TRO) requiring the State of Georgia “to impound and preserve the voting machines in the State of Georgia, and to prevent any wiping of data.”
However, shortly afterwards Batten reversed himself and denied the request for a TRO because the voting machines in question are not under the control of the defendants in the case (i.e., Georgia state officials), but rather under the control of Georgia county officials (who were not named in the lawsuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.