US embassy warns that South Africans will have to wait longer for visas

Zophos

The process time is fantastic, but the issue is the appointments due to sheer volume

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Also hope that you don't ever have your application sent in for "administrative processing", it's a black hole where you'll likely wait at least 2 months to get any further info.

I just did mine a few months back so have a 10 year now, so hopefully won't have to go back there anytime soon.

nicroets

When I received my last Schengen Visa, it only took VFS/The Netherlands Embassy only 3 or 4 days (after the appointment). Now their website warns it will take 2 weeks.

The website for the agency of the Germany Mission also warns it will take 2 weeks. Which gives me just enough time...

But what has me really worried is that the website says "medical insurance connected to card cards are not accepted". If the insurer writes a letter saying my coverage is compatible with Schengen regulations, why would they reject it ? The fact the credit card company paid for it is immaterial !

Wasabee!

Expert Member
Hmmm, maybe I should stop **** posting. Their AI probably doesn't know the difference between random kak and hardcore muhzlim nutjobs.

sly

When I received my last Schengen Visa, it only took VFS/The Netherlands Embassy only 3 or 4 days (after the appointment). Now their website warns it will take 2 weeks.

The website for the agency of the Germany Mission also warns it will take 2 weeks. Which gives me just enough time...

But what has me really worried is that the website says "medical insurance connected to card cards are not accepted". If the insurer writes a letter saying my coverage is compatible with Schengen regulations, why would they reject it ? The fact the credit card company paid for it is immaterial !
Very true, last Netherlands visa took 3 days, they consular services have been moved to the Netherlands, all the paper gets Couriered. My last visa took 12 days luckily I got 180day/2yr visa

Have to apply for my wife and 2 kids next week.. hopefully it doesn’t take that long..

Our trip is planned for 1 July