[US] Florida cheerleader allegedly stabbed 114 times, teen suspect to be charged as adult

ForceFate

Honorary Master

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
How does a 14yr old get tried as an adult?
I cant read the article due to my adblocker

Blackhand

The suspect posted a selfie to social media on May 9 while flashing a peace sign from the back of a police vehicle. A representative with the sheriff's office said the suspect took the photo while Bailey was still missing and he was only considered a witness.

"Hey guys has inybody seen Tristyn lately" was written over the selfie.

Reminds me of those two girls who hijacked a car, killed someone and all they cared about was their phones still being in the crashed car.

The word psychopath comes to mind.

Cosmik Debris

Executive Member
Because of the number of times stabbed, quite a few defensive, and the victim said will go kill someone in the forest, so all counts as premeditated.

Eish. If he had fired a single shot from a firearm achieving the same there would be a call to ban guns. Why no call to ban knives?

Temujin

Honorary Master
Knife fights are a normal part of growing up. Police and courts must stay out of it

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Eish. If he had fired a single shot from a firearm achieving the same there would be a call to ban guns. Why no call to ban knives?
If he'd emptied the entire clip, would probably count as the same thing.

I'd consider stabbing someone over a hundred times a lot worse than firing a single bullet, just in terms of what it tells you about a person. Getting the resolve to shoot someone once without ever having fired/killed someone before is a bit different from stabbing them, seeing the damage/crying, etc., and then keep stabbing, and then the person is probably dead/completely incapacitated after a few tens of stabs, to keep going to over a hundred. Someone like that should never be allowed back into society, there is something fundamentally wrong with them.

airborne

Honorary Master
Because of the number of times stabbed, quite a few defensive, and the victim said will go kill someone in the forest, so all counts as premeditated.

What's the legal classification and different rules for minor and adult for if the prosecution can pick and choose the classification at the time of the crime?

I would have thought the legal principle of being a minor would be set by age and not be flexible.