US government wants PayPal records

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
12,476
only a matter of time.
there was a paypal thread on myadsl a while back that mentioned just this type of thing happening in the near future.

probably looking for bin laden money that bush and his pals never got a a share of...
 

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
16,821
The US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) wants the San Jose, California-based "online wallet" to reveal the details of accounts linked to banks or credit cards in 35 countries, said Amanda Pires of PayPal. of...
Its bad enough if they want info from their own financial system but what gives them the right to foreign information just because it was processed by a us-based company?
 

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
12,476
Syndyre said:
Its bad enough if they want info from their own financial system but what gives them the right to foreign information just because it was processed by a us-based company?
American governemnt agencies need rights? Seems I missed that one in the Iraq war.
;)
 

kilo39

Executive Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
5,425
The quicker the americans get rid of bush and his cronies the better. Roll on the next american election. Bush is impacting on the freedom of the whole world and the internet - not just usa.

Rumsfied, bush and cheney are scum doing real harm to america and the world at large.
 

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
12,476
kilo39 said:
Worse fate = Condalisa Rice = more of the same
yep, would not surprise me. Bush and his buddies are right now busy working out the final vote count for 2008. Wonder which state will get shafted this time?
 

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
16,821
Moederloos said:
American governemnt agencies need rights? Seems I missed that one in the Iraq war.
;)
Of course not, that would restrict the "war on terror" and the fight against "I-RAK", but you'd think they could get a PR dept to at least give off the right appearance.
 

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
12,476
Syndyre said:
Of course not, that would restrict the "war on terror" and the fight against "I-RAK", but you'd think they could get a PR dept to at least give off the right appearance.
except, try as you might, you cannot get **** to shine. And even if you somehow do manage that, it still stinks...

:p
 

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
16,821
Moederloos said:
except, try as you might, you cannot get **** to shine. And even if you somehow do manage that, it still stinks...

:p
I don't know, depends on the audience, they re-elected Bush over there didn't they? :p
 

kilo39

Executive Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
5,425
I don't know, depends on the audience, they re-elected Bush over there didn't they?
By a hairs breadth - following a campaign of disinformation, distruth and massive budgets.
 

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
16,821
kilo39 said:
By a hairs breadth - following a campaign of disinformation, distruth and massive budgets.
Still, no matter how good your campaign is it's hard to cover up what Bush is, at least to most rational people. Tyranny of the majority anyone?
 

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
12,476
Syndyre said:
I don't know, depends on the audience, they re-elected Bush over there didn't they? :p
there is doubt in my mind over that. The final vote count may have shown him the winner, but were the correct votes counted?
 

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
16,821
Who knows, even saw an article in one of the US papers abt how the republicans are being investigated for jamming a democrat call centre so nothing would surprise me.
 

kilo39

Executive Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
5,425
Still, no matter how good your campaign is it's hard to cover up what Bush is, at least to most rational people. Tyranny of the majority anyone?
The win was less than one percent. Supposedly american elections won on budget - and bush campaign receiving money from 'dubious sources' - with the largest election budget ever. And they still only managed to win by less than 1% -. Perhaps there is hope - that bush and his cronies will be unseated.
 

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
16,821
kilo39 said:
The win was less than one percent. Supposedly american elections won on budget - and bush campaign receiving money from 'dubious sources' - with the largest election budget ever. And they still only managed to win by less than 1% -. Perhaps there is hope - that bush and his cronies will be unseated.
They only win on budget because the voters are mindless drones that believe whatever the campaign ads tell them.
 
Top