US Military Boeing C17 lands at Kruger Intl Airport

Dean

Expert Member
my bad, oddly enough my search didn't bring up any results.

mods can delete/merge/otherwise..

eg2505

Honorary Master
saw one of these at AAD a while back was so big the tail-fin can be seen anywhere in the grounds of Waterkloof AFB.

id imagine few besides the Antonov 225 are bigger?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
saw one of these at AAD a while back was so big the tail-fin can be seen anywhere in the grounds of Waterkloof AFB.

The Lockheed C-5 Galaxy is the largest plane in a similar role in the USAF. The C-5 Galaxy had been upgraded to be operational until 2040, dubbed C-5 "Super" Galaxy. The Cossack (An-225) however have the world record in various categories. Russians know how to design, develop and produce hardware... mechanically.

marine1

Honorary Master
The Lockheed C-5 Galaxy is the largest plane in a similar role in the USAF. The C-5 Galaxy had been upgraded to be operational until 2040, dubbed C-5 "Super" Galaxy. The Cossack (An-225) however have the world record in various categories. Russians know how to design, develop and produce hardware... mechanically.

I had the very lucky experience of going in one when they at AAD few years ago, went on one of the private days. Was incredible. Fits 4 tanks inside

ponder

Honorary Master

C5, spruce goose, a couple of airliners etc.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma

Never heard of it. Ive never been to that part of SA and theres not enough of interest to draw my attention to it. Looking at the page you displayed I see there are no flights to EL. Probably the reason I have never heard of it.

I love the ambitious use of the word "international" in the title :D haha. Though I guess it was earned with this landing in the topic.

Dean

Expert Member
Never heard of it. Ive never been to that part of SA and theres not enough of interest to draw my attention to it. Looking at the page you displayed I see there are no flights to EL. Probably the reason I have never heard of it.

I love the ambitious use of the word "international" in the title :D haha. Though I guess it was earned with this landing in the topic.

Reckon this time it's well-earned :-D